We've been busy working on KetoDiet and we have yet another update available to download! Here's what's new.
We created a welcome screen to serve two purposes:
- To highlight the main features of the app (see screenshot above).
- To clarify what's included and what's optional in our app. We can see that from the AppStore reviews some people are confused about how much content is included in the app without requiring any optional purchases.
There's almost 100 recipes included in the Starter package, and there's over 450 recipes provided via our integrated blog (more recipes are added every few days).
How is KetoDiet different from other Apps?
- We create all our content and recipes exclusively for our app. We don't scrape recipes from the web.
- We have deep integration for all our recipes so they can be added to the Planner, their serving size can be adjusted, ingredients can be added to the basket, etc. (available for iOS, Android coming soon)
- We continuously provide free recipes and articles via our integrated blog. I cannot emphasise enough how much time and effort it takes to create them - and we provide them for free.
- Since we released KetoDiet in 2012, we have been working on frequent and continuous updates, improving and adding new features driven by your feedback.
New Support Portal
We have created a support portal to make it easier for our users to find answers to common questions. You can find in Help > Support.
Recently Added Meals
Recently added meals can be now found in the Planner so you can quickly add meals you use most recently (screenshot below).
New Measurements Added
We added liquid measurements to ingredients measured in cups, tbsp or fl oz: millilitres - ml, decilitres - dl, and fluid ounces - fl oz (screenshot below).
- Major performance improvements
- Improved memory utilisation
- Several bug fixes
Want to help us take KetoDiet to the next level?
If you find our Apps useful, please, leave a review on the AppStore/ Google Play. It only takes a minute and it's the best thing you can do to support us. Thank you!
Next updates (April-May 2017)
- New KetoDiet App guide - our online tutorial on how to use our app.
- Enhance warnings/stats for meeting macronutrient targets
- Universal search across all recipes when adding them to the Planner (blog meals, KetoDiet meals, custom meals, etc)
- Multi-user account support with data sync and fast user switching. This feature will be free for the first account. Any additional accounts will be available to buy for $0.99 USD per month to cover the cost of processing and storing the additional data on our servers.
Upcoming updates in 2017
- Barcode scanning. We strive for quality, not quantity. Accuracy is our key priority and unlike all other apps, we won't be using a crowdsourced database - we will use a verified database.
- Adding new restaurant chains to our database to quickly find keto-friendly options when eating out
- Adding new meals into the Starter pack and existing optional recipe packages (once you get any package, any recipes added in the future are always free!)
- Data export, especially progress stats
- Copy & paste planner meals for quick planning
- Apple Watch support
- Activity tracking & Health App integration
- Ketone tracking, glucose tracking, and more tracking options
- Integration with KetoDiet meal plans (free and premium 7-day, 14-day and 28-day diet plans directly in the Planner with just one click)
- KetoDiet Challenges & community integration
- Add recipe user notes in custom meals so that you have all you need to make your favourite recipe
- Adding "favorites" to the Planner so you can quickly add frequently used meals. This feature may be added depending on user feedback. We just included a new feature for Recently added meals which works in a similar way.
- New recipe packages - requested by users (American Favorites, Vegetarian Recipes, Easy & Simple 2nd Edition and Keto Treats)
The features are driven by your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment if you have anything else you would like us to add and if it's something we can do, we'll do our best to implement it in future updates.
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this post!