Hi keto friends, I have some exciting news for you!
The next update of KetoDiet & KetoDiet Basic has been released. Make sure you have the latest version by launching App Store and switching to the Updates tab (or Google Play under the My Apps section).
Your Feedback Matters
Before I get to what's new, I want to thank you all for the amazing support! Your support enables us to keep working on our app and making it the best we can. We are working hard on yet another update that will bring even more free recipes, features and improvements - all driven by your feedback. Please, keep it coming!
If you find our App or my books useful and want to help us take KetoDiet to the next level, please, leave a review on the AppStore/ Google Play/ Amazon. It's the best way to support us. Thank you!
Free Keto Recipes... Forever
In the next update we decided to simplify our pricing and include all optional recipe packages - free forever. We hope you will love the extra recipes you will soon see under the KetoDiet Meals section in our app!
Our app now includes:
- Access to all 300 recipes in the KetoDiet Meals section (even more coming soon)
- Over 650 recipes in the KetoDiet Blog section - all are fully integrated in our app (with more recipes added daily)
That is almost 1,000 keto recipes included in our app!
What is the motivation behind our new pricing approach?
Reducing the volume of support e-mails
Most of our support tickets are related to unlocking recipe packages. Due to the way iOS updates work, every now and then users have to restore in-apps in order to fetch fresh purchase receipts from the App Store. This applies to all apps but creates a significant support overhead for us and frustration for the users that assume it's an issue with the app.
For several years we offered optional recipe packages as a way of covering our expenses for continuously creating new content for our users. The truth is, people prefer a simple flat price upfront even if it's higher, so we decided to do just that.
For the reasons above, here's how the pricing of our app will change in the next few days. This will have no effect on existing users. All updates are and will always be free.
Our new pricing for the KetoDiet App
- KetoDiet (iPhone, iPad). The new price is $8.99 USD
- KetoDiet Basic (iPhone, iPad). The new price is $3.99 USD
- KetoDiet (Android). The new price will remain $6.99 USD until we bring feature parity for KetoDiet on Android (see What's next? below for more details)
- KetoDiet Basic (Android). The new price is $3.99 USD
Note: To enable all advanced features in KetoDiet Basic, users still have to make a one-off purchase of $5.99 USD on iOS and $3.99 USD on Android. You can enable advances features in KetoDiet Basic under Settings - do not purchase KetoDiet separately as these are two different apps.
No Subscription and No Hidden Costs!
We never had subscription fees or any other recurrent payments for our app. That has not changed. You only pay once - that's it!
Additionally, in the new update we improved our existing recipes by optimising and simplifying recipe steps, adding brand new recipe photos and new cooking tips.
Expert Articles to Help You Stay Informed
We work with a number of renowned experts to provide weekly articles discussing the recent research and providing guides to help you follow the ketogenic lifestyle. You can find all expert articles under KetoDiet Blog > Articles.
Since the release of KetoDiet in 2012, we have continuously been working on new recipes and features in order to create the best and most complete low-carb app.
Here are some of the highlights of what we've done so far
- Built-in macronutrient calculator.
- Advanced planning and tracking.
- Hundreds of thousands of foods included in the KetoDiet food database.
- Barcode scanning for easy tracking. We strive for quality, not quantity. (Read more to learn why our food database is more accurate and reliable).
- Browsing through tens of thousands of restaurant meals to find keto-friendly options when eating out.
- Complete and thorough KetoDiet guide.
- Shopping basket so you can easily get the groceries you need.
- And more! Full list of supported features can be found here.
Here's an overview of the most popular requests. Please note that software development takes time. We release new updates and add new features as often as we can.
- Working the new features for the Android platform (Data Sync across device, daily Planner notes, water intake, mood & energy tracking, ketone, blood glucose & lipids tracking).
- Improving existing features.
- Unify KetoDiet Meals with KetoDiet blog meals so that any filtering can be applied universally.
- Allergy filtering options.
- Apple HealthKit & Watch support.
- Custom Ingredients: adding custom serving sizes and being able to specify values per slice, tablespoon, cup, etc.
- Enable cloning & editing KetoDiet Meals.
- Add option for recipe notes in custom meals so that you have all you need to make your favourite recipe (instructions, cooking time etc.)
- Universal search across all recipes, meals and ingredients when adding them to the Planner.
- Basket: improvements when adding meals from the Planner so they always list minimum amounts required to make a recipe, even if you only eat one serving in a given period of time.
- Integration with KetoDiet diet plans: my free and premium keto diet plans with just one click.
- KetoDiet Challenges & community integration.
- More tracking options including advanced health markers.
- Activity tracking. Note that you should not track your activity to "burn" calories but rather for health reasons (calories should not be deducted twice from your target macros - activity is already accounted for in your recommended macros in the Profile section).
- Add nutrition facts to hundreds of recipes included in my cookbooks so you can quickly add them to the Planner
- and more features can be found here
Features are driven by your feedback! Feel free to leave a comment if you have anything else you would like us to add and if it's something we can do, we'll do our best to implement it in future updates.
KetoDiet: The Most Complete Keto App
With every update we bring new features and we constantly update our content.
Beware of imitation apps confusing users by copying our name, using our established social media hashtags, buying fake App reviews (which are easy to spot as they are repetitive and very generic) and using confusing pricing to charge users monthly. The #1 complaint is about cancelling subscriptions for other app(s) not related to ours.
Our app is more than just a basic keto diet tracker and here's why
- Our content in terms of recipes, guides, nutritional advice, expert articles etc. is second to none. No other app comes close to what we provide to support our users and help them make the right choices.
- We offer additional advice and support via our Facebook Support Group.
- We run free KetoDiet Challenges to motivate and support users on their keto journey and share their experiences in our exclusive community. Full integration with the KetoDiet App is in our to-do list.
- Running one of the most popular low-carb blogs and being actively involved in the keto community really helps us understand how to best help people achieve their goals.
Thank you again for your support - please, don't forget to leave a review!
- KetoDiet App News
- KetoDiet and KetoDiet Basic Update (May 2018)
- Martina Slajerova
- KetoDiet and KetoDiet Basic Update (May 2018)
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this post!