It may sound unusual but mug cookies are nothing new in the blogosphere. Inspired by this recipe, I made my low-carb chocolate chip cookies using only 5 keto-friendly ingredients. Compared to mug cakes where I typically use whole egg and additional liquid ingredients, I only needed one egg yolk to achieve the cookie-like texture.
Follow us 36.6k
How to Use Leftover Egg Whites
Reserve the egg white for Low-carb Bread (several recipes), Sugar-free Meringues, Raspberry Meringue Pie or Lemon Meringue Tartlets.
Serving size cookie
Allergy information for 2-Minute Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, cookie)
Net carbs6.2 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 13%, fat 80%
Total carbs12.5 gramsFiber6.3 gramsSugars5.1 gramsSaturated fat6.1 gramsSodium86 mg(4% RDA)Magnesium150 mg(37% RDA)Potassium429 mg(21% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 cookies)
- In a bowl, mix the almond butter, egg yolk, erythritol and salt.
- Add dark chocolate chips and mix again.
- Divide the dough between two ramekins and press down using a spoon.
- Microwave each for 60-90 seconds, checking half way through ensuring that the cookies don't burn. The longer you cook them, the crispier they will get. These cookies will continue to cook as they cool down so keep that in mind.
Depending your preferences, you'll need 40-60 seconds for a gooey cookie, and up to 90 seconds for a crispy cookie.
- Serve warm or let them cool down and they will crisp up. Optionally, serve with a dollop of mascarpone, unsweetened whipped cream or creamed coconut milk. To store, place in a container and keep at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don't have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 cookies at once. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F and cook for 8-12 minutes.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, cookie)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!