One of the things I missed most when I first went grain free was a good wrap. Martina’s tortilla recipe is simply the best keto wrap alternative I’ve found and makes the perfect choice for this healthy lunch.
Today I stuffed the low-carb tortillas with crispy pulled chicken, avocado and a simple crunchy slaw for the perfect balance of low carb, protein and healthy fats. Can be made the day before and kept in the fridge for lunch the next day.
Nutritional values (per wrap)
|of which Saturated||7.6||grams|
|Magnesium||117||mg (29% RDA)|
|Potassium||828||mg (41% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (17%), fat (78%)
Ingredients (makes 3 wraps)
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 1 cup shredded kale (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp fresh lime or lemon juice (20 ml)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 142 g roasted chicken, shredded (5 oz)
- 1 large avocado, sliced (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- Make the wraps using Martina’s Keto Tortilla recipe. These tortillas can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container for up 3 days.
- Use leftover roasted chicken or shred a broiled chicken breast.
- Place the cabbage, kale, herbs, olive oil, lime, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Lay each wrap flat, fill with slaw, 3 - 4 slices of avocado and pulled chicken. Roll up and enjoy. For best results eat on the day or store in fridge for up to 1 day.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!