Pumpkin pie and chocolate are two flavours that go perfectly together in these low-carb, sugar-free treats. Over the last few years I've created several keto and paleo fat bombs. In fact, they became so popular that this year I've been working on a fat bomb cookbook that will be out in spring/summer 2016 so stay tuned! ;-)
Fat bombs are ideal for when you need to boost your fat intake or you are simply looking for a keto-friendly treat. Having one or two will help you beat sugar cravings and keep hunger at bay while following the ketogenic diet. I've included coconut oil that has a healthy fat profile and contains MCTs for an extra energy boost.
Keep in mind that fat bombs are only meant as occasional treats and you should not use them as meal replacements. You can use our keto calculator to find out what your macronutrients should be on a ketogenic diet.
Nutritional values (per fat bomb)
|of which Saturated||8.8||grams|
|Magnesium||17||mg (4% RDA)|
|Potassium||77||mg (4% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (4%), fat (89%)
Ingredients (makes 18 servings)
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water. Bring to a boil over a medium heat. Once completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Fill each of the 18 mini muffin cups with 2 teaspoons of chocolate. If you have any chocolate left, just add it to the cups. Place the chocolate in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the coconut butter, coconut oil, erythritol and pumpkin spice mix into a bowl and melt just like you did the chocolate.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Remove the muffin cups from the fridge and add a heaping teaspoon of the pumpkin & coconut mixture into every cup. Place back in the fridge and let it set for at least 30 minutes.
- When done, keep refrigerated. Coconut oil and butter get very soft at room temperature.
Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. Enjoy! :-)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!