Mug muffins and mug cakes are some of the most convenient keto-friendly meals. They can be made both sweet and savoury and take just a few minutes to prepare. For those of you that may not have a microwave, I included some tips for baking the muffins in the oven.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||11.3||grams|
|Magnesium||120||mg (30% RDA)|
|Potassium||382||mg (19% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3.2%), protein (18.5%), fat (78.2%).
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
Basic savoury mug muffin mix:
- 60 g smoked salmon (2.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives or spring onion
- serve with 2 dollops full-fat cream cheese or sour cream (60 g / 2.1 oz)
If you need to make this recipe nut-free, use more flaxmeal (same amount) or coconut flour (half the amount). When using ingredients, always go by their weight, especially in case of baked goods. Measures such as cups may vary depending on a product / brand. When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Place all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg, cream, water and mix well using a fork.
- Slice the smoked salmon and finely chop the chives. Add to the mixture and combine well.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. When done, top with a dollop of cream cheese and enjoy!
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don't have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 servings at once. Preheat the oven to 175 C / 350 F and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!