Pizza Florentine is what I'd call the perfect breakfast meal - a great new way to eat eggs & bacon. Apart from pepperoni, this is definitely one of my favourite pizza toppings. For this recipe, I used my brand new ultra thin and crispy pizza crust! Although it's not the first pizza recipe I've posted, it's the best crusts I've tried so far. Thin, crispy and the closest you can get to regular pizza.
Here are all the pizza recipes I've posted using different pizza crusts: Pizza Pepperoni (using cauli-rice), Low-Carb Thin Crust White Pizza (using almond, whey protein, egg & cheese) and Low-Carb Thin Crust Paleo Pizza (using almond & coconut flour, psyllium husk & whey protein powder and eggs).
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||18||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (19%), fat (77%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings / small pizzas)
You can also use frozen & thawed spinach, about ⅔ cup. When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Prepare the pizza crust and Marinara sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / 430 F. Cut the bacon into small pieces. Grease a pan with ghee and add the bacon. Cook over a medium-high heat until crispy on both sides. Use a fork or a slotted spoon to place the bacon on a plate and set aside.
- Wash and drain the spinach and add to the pan where you cooked the bacon and season with salt. Cook until wilted. When done, take off the heat and set aside.
- Place the baked pizza crusts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the marinara sauce on the pizza crusts. Add shredded mozzarella cheese - keep some mozzarella for later.
- Spread the spinach round the edges of the pizza crusts creating small wells in the middle. Add the crisped up bacon.
- Crack one egg in the middle of each pizza. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Add the cherry tomatoes on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the egg white is cooked and the egg yolk is still runny. Remove from the oven, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with fresh basil before serving. Enjoy!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!