One tray bakes like this easy grilled veg & halloumi tray bake are great as they require little effort. You'll only need one tray, thus reducing clean up time, making them a great idea for a midweek meal.
If you’re cooking this low-carb dish midweek, you can prep most of the ingredients beforehand (eg on the weekend), which cuts down the hands-on time on when you go to cook the dish. Whether you follow a vegetarian keto diet or simply love grilled halloumi, this meal is a keeper. Roasted vegetables, grilled halloumi, extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs — what's not to love?
This recipe makes four full meal servings, or six to eight servings as a side with your favorite protein.
Serving size about 170 g/ 6 oz
Allergy information for Low-Carb Roasted Vegetable & Halloumi Tray Bake
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 170 g/ 6 oz)
Net carbs9.1 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 14%, fat 78%
Total carbs13.8 gramsFiber4.6 gramsSugars5.9 gramsSaturated fat14 gramsSodium1,227 mg(53% RDA)Magnesium65 mg(16% RDA)Potassium699 mg(35% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 main servings or 6-8 sides)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided (90 ml)
- 1 small red onion (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1 large zucchini (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 small red bell pepper (74 g/ 2.6 oz)
- 1/2 small head broccoli (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 cauliflower (225 g/ 8 oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 package halloumi cheese, cubed (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup mixed, pitted olives (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (140 g/ 5 oz)
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves, torn
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (30 ml)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F (conventional), or 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted). To prepare the vegetables, cut the zucchini into small (about 2.5 cm/ 1 inch) rounds. Cut the onion into wedges. Chop the pepper into thick strips.
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into smaller florets. Smaller pieces are better as they will cook faster and more evenly.
- Add to a heavy baking tray, and toss with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then return to the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut the halloumi into cubes, and scatter across the vegetables, along with the olives and cherry tomatoes.
- Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until the halloumi is starting to brown.
- Toss with fresh basil, lemon juice and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving. Cold halloumi is very chewy and always needs to be reheated.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 170 g/ 6 oz)
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||20.3 g||179 kcal|
|Onion, red, fresh|
|1 g||0.2 g||0 g||6 kcal|
|Zucchini (summer squash, courgette)|
|1.3 g||0.8 g||0.2 g||11 kcal|
|Peppers, red bell, fresh|
|0.7 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||6 kcal|
|Broccoli, broccolini, fresh|
|2 g||1.4 g||0.2 g||17 kcal|
|1.7 g||1.1 g||0.2 g||14 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Halloumi (Cypriot cheese)|
|1.3 g||12.5 g||16.9 g||206 kcal|
|0 g||0.1 g||1.6 g||16 kcal|
|0 g||0.1 g||1 g||9 kcal|
|Tomatoes, cherry, fresh, all varieties|
|0.7 g||0.3 g||0.1 g||6 kcal|
|0 g||0.1 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Lemon juice, fresh|
|0.4 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 170 g/ 6 oz|
|9.1 g||16.7 g||40.5 g||471 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!