For the chocolate lover! This chocolate cinnamon brownie is the ultimate ketogenic dessert and it’s so simple to make. A lot of brownies can end up a bit dry, but not this one! This low-carb brownie is slightly crumbly, as a good brownie should be, but also surprisingly fluffy. It’s not too heavy so you don’t feel like you’ve over done it by having a slice… or two!
As simple as mix all the ingredients together and into the oven it goes. Make sure you don’t over bake it. You want it slightly soft when you take it out of the oven because the skillet retains the heat so the keto brownie will continue cooking once out of the oven.
I made a large skillet which serves 8 but simply halve the quantities for a smaller 6-inch skillet which serves 4.
Bookmark this one, you’ll want to come back to it again soon!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Chocolate Cinnamon Skillet Brownie
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs4 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 18%, fat 76%
Total carbs8.3 gramsFiber4.3 gramsSugars2.1 gramsSaturated fat11.9 gramsSodium212 mg(9% RDA)Magnesium92 mg(23% RDA)Potassium310 mg(15% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- Preheat the oven to 145 °C/ 295 °F fan assisted (165 °C/ 330 °F conventional). Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl (ground almonds, erythritol, vanilla, cinnamon, cacao, salt and baking powder). Mix.
- Stir in the butter (keep a little back to grease the skillet), eggs, almonds butter and almond milk. Mix well until smooth.
- Grease a 25 cm (10 inch) cast iron skillet with a little butter. Add the keto cinnamon chocolate brownie mix and smooth to the edges of the skillet with a spatula. Top with dark chocolate chunks.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 16 minutes until puffed but so the centre is still slightly soft. Remove from the oven and allow to rest. The brownie will continue to firm up as the skillet retains the heat.
- Spoon into bowls and top with whipped cream, healthy keto ice cream or full-fat yoghurt.
- Serve while still warm. To store, let it cool down and store in the fridge for 2 - 3 days, or freeze for up to 1 month.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Almond flour (deoiled, defatted, fine)|
|1 g||7.5 g||1.9 g||58 kcal|
|Erythritol (natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Vanilla extract, sugar-free, alcohol-based|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Cocoa powder, raw (cacao)|
|1.1 g||1.1 g||0.7 g||12 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Baking powder, gluten-free|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0.2 g||14.3 g||127 kcal|
|Almond milk natural (unsweetened)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0.2 g||2 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.2 g||2.8 g||2.1 g||31 kcal|
|Almond butter (organic, unsweetened)|
|0.3 g||0.9 g||2.5 g||33 kcal|
|Extra dark chocolate, 90% cocoa (cacao)|
|0.7 g||0.5 g||2.8 g||28 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|4 g||13 g||24.5 g||299 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!