Have you seen pancake cereal taking over the interwebs? When I first saw them on TikTok, I’ll confess that I was sceptical, I mean why?
And look, let’s be honest, I’d still prefer to sit down to a decadent stack of full-sized pancakes, but I think that says more about my greedy nature than it does the food, lol. I hadn’t seen a lot of chocolate pancake cereal recipes out there, especially not keto, so I thought I would play with one for you.
If you already tried and liked our Keto Pancake Cereal flavoured with cinnamon, you're going to love these cute mini chocolate pancakes. And did I mention they are also nut-free and dairy-free?
Guys. Stop what you’re doing and listen. The why? It’s because they’re so silly. They are so much fun to make and to eat. There is a level of the ridiculous that makes a bowl of pancake cereal a genuine delight to serve.
My low-carb chocolate pancake batter is sweetened naturally with the coconut yoghurt but it is intensely chocolately, so if you think you would like sweet chocolate rather than bitter chocolate, I would suggest adding two to four tablespoons of keto approved sweetener to the batter.
I served mine with a thinned almond butter and dark chocolate shavings, but I think they would be sublime with vanilla spiced coconut yoghurt and berries as well. You can add your milk of choice if that is how you like to eat your cereal, but the pancakes will go very soggy, very quickly. Enjoy!
PS: If you don't feel like making many tiny pancakes, feel free to use this batter for regular sized keto pancakes!
Serving size about 1 cup/ 50 g/ 1.8 oz
Allergy information for Keto Chocolate Pancake Cereal
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 cup/ 50 g/ 1.8 oz)
Net carbs4.1 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 17%, fat 76%
Total carbs9.5 gramsFiber5.3 gramsSugars1.2 gramsSaturated fat14.7 gramsSodium149 mg(6% RDA)Magnesium71 mg(18% RDA)Potassium277 mg(14% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- Weigh and measure all the ingredients.
- Place all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine and remove any lumps.
- Combine the yogurt with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil and eggs in a second bowl and then pour them into the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a piping bottle. (If you don’t have a piping bottle, you can use an empty syrup squeeze bottle.)
- Heat a frying pan to medium high heat and grease with a teaspoon of the remaining coconut oil, or use coconut oil spray. (Less for a non stick pan, more to grease a cast iron skillet.)
- Pipe the pancakes into small circles, approx. 2 cm (3/4") across. Cook them for only about a minute before flipping. Grease more between batches.
- The cook time will depend on your pan, just check them at the beginning to get a feel for how long they take to cook. Serve with any toppings: chopped dark chocolate, almond butter, yogurt or Keto Condensed Milk.
- Store, in a covered container, in the pantry for up to 5 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 1 cup/ 50 g/ 1.8 oz)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!