A few years back I had one of the most delicious salads I’ve ever had at a restaurant in Bali. The salad itself was quite basic — a mix of fresh and steams greens and vegetables — with a delicious dressing.
But the real star and thing that transformed the salad into being such a memorable dish was the savoury granola sprinkled on top. A mix of seeds and shredded coconut with the perfect umami flavourings.
I played around with the recipe at home until I got it as close to the restaurant version as I could. A little sweet and a little savoury, this low-carb and keto granola is the perfect topping to any salad, stew, curry or soup and adds not only it’s delicious flavour but a lovely crunchy texture.
Looking for a tasty breakfast sweet granola option? Give these low-carb granola recipes a try!
Serving size 2 tbsp
Allergy information for Keto Savory Nut-Free Seed Granola
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 tbsp)
Net carbs1.1 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 13%, fat 79%
Total carbs1.8 gramsFiber0.7 gramsSugars0.2 gramsSaturated fat2.1 gramsSodium9 mg(0% RDA)Magnesium27 mg(7% RDA)Potassium47 mg(2% EMR)
Ingredients (makes about 1 1/4 cups/ 20 servings)
- 1 cup mixed seeds (128 g/ 4.5 oz) - we used 1/4 cup each pumpkin, sunflower, flaxseed and sesame
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded or faked coconut (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini or nut butter of choice (24 g/ 0.9 oz)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sukrin Gold or other brown sugar substitute such as Swerve (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari sauce (15 ml)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (30 ml)
- Preheat oven to 150 °C/ 300 °F (conventional), or 130 °C/ 265 °F (fan assisted).
- Mix the seeds and coconut together in a bowl. Add the remaining four ingredients to a small saucepan smaller bowl and mix to form a paste. Stir over low heat until the Sukrin gold is dissolved. It may separate — this is fine.
- Pour over the seeds and coconut and mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and spread out.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until brown and crisp — keep an eye on it as it will burn quite quickly!
- Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to four weeks.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 tbsp)
|Seeds, mixed, unsalted (pumpkin, sunflower, flaxseed, sesame)|
|0.9 g||1.6 g||3.2 g||35 kcal|
|Coconut, dried, desiccated, shredded (organic, unsweetened)|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||3 kcal|
|Sesame tahini (unsweetened)|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0.6 g||7 kcal|
|Sukrin Gold, brown sugar substitute|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Coconut aminos (substitute to soy sauce)|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Coconut oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||1.3 g||12 kcal|
|Total per serving, 2 tbsp|
|1.1 g||2 g||5.3 g||58 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!