Tray bakes are a weekly occurrence in our house. I love the idea of being able to throw some low-carb vegetables, protein and dressing onto a tray, pop it in the oven, and have a delicious meal with minimal clean up a short half hour afterwards.
This Greek style low-carb vegetarian tray bake is our current favorite, inspired by a recipe we found in a local supermarket catalogue, and then adapted to suit our tastes.
If your tastes aren’t similar to mine, as with most tray bakes, this Mediterranean keto recipe is pretty adaptable, so feel free to switch out some of the veggies depending what’s in season or to mix up the herbs depending on what you have on hand.
I love this with thick slabs of feta, but torn chunks work just as well. You can also try salmon fillets (simply swap for feta, no adjustments to the cooking time needed), or use chicken breasts or chicken thighs that can be crisped up in a skillet for 10 to 15 minutes before baking.
Serving size about 225 g/ 8 oz
Allergy information for Easy Low-Carb Feta Tray Bake
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 225 g/ 8 oz)
Net carbs9.6 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 9%, fat 82%
Total carbs14.3 gramsFiber4.7 gramsSugars8.1 gramsSaturated fat11.8 gramsSodium837 mg(36% RDA)Magnesium41 mg(10% RDA)Potassium550 mg(28% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1 small red or yellow bell peppers, sliced (74 g/ 2.6 oz)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (75 g/ 2.7 oz)
- 1 bunch broccolini, ends trimmed or broccoli florets (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 small eggplant (aubergine), sliced (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 12 pitted kalamata olives (36 g/ 1.3 oz)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 200 g feta cheese, sliced (7.1 oz)
- fresh basil, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional), or 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted).
- Prepare vegetables by slicing them into 1 to 2 cm (1/2 to 1 inch) pieces and place in a large baking tray. Scatter the olives and herbs over the top. (You can use yellow, red or orange bell peppers, cherry or regular tomatoes, and broccolini or broccoli.)
- Scatter the olives and herbs over the top.
- To make the dressing, place minced garlic, lemon juice and olive oil into a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the dressing and spoon through to cover evenly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until the edges are starting to char.
- Stir, and then add the feta and bake a further 10 to 15 minutes or until the feta has started to char.
- Serve topped with torn basil leaves. Serve immediately. Leftovers keep up to 4 days in the fridge, reheat before serving.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 225 g/ 8 oz)
|Onion, red, fresh|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Zucchini (summer squash, courgette)|
|1.1 g||0.6 g||0.2 g||9 kcal|
|Peppers, yellow bell, fresh|
|0.7 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||6 kcal|
|Tomatoes, cherry, fresh, all varieties|
|0.3 g||0.1 g||0.1 g||3 kcal|
|Broccoli, broccolini, fresh|
|1.5 g||1.1 g||0.1 g||13 kcal|
|Eggplant (aubergine), fresh|
|1.8 g||0.6 g||0.1 g||16 kcal|
|0 g||0.2 g||2.3 g||23 kcal|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Lemon juice, fresh|
|1 g||0.1 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||27 g||239 kcal|
|2 g||7.1 g||10.6 g||132 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 225 g/ 8 oz|
|9.6 g||10.2 g||40.6 g||450 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!