One dish, maximum flavour and minimal effort. This recipe will quickly become a favourite in your house — I know it is in mine!
This is the perfect recipe for meal prep and batch cooking so you won't have to spend time in the kitchen when you're busy.
Readily available pantry and freezer ingredients such as green beans are combined to create a delicious and creamy dish packed full of unexpected pops of flavour. Feel free to swap the frozen green beans for fresh if you have them, just make sure they are cooked through and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes if needed. Enjoy!
Serving size 1/2 skillet
Allergy information for Creamy Low-Carb Chicken with Capers
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1/2 skillet)
Net carbs8.8 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 27%, fat 67%
Total carbs11.5 gramsFiber2.7 gramsSugars4.6 gramsSaturated fat19.1 gramsSodium696 mg(30% RDA)Magnesium66 mg(16% RDA)Potassium672 mg(34% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 340 g skinless and boneless chicken thighs (12 oz)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 cup frozen green beans (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp capers (17 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 3/4 block soft cream cheese (180 g/ 6 oz)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and toss with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the chicken pieces. Add the seasonings and the lemon juice and stir to mix through and coat the chicken.
- Place the green beans and capers in the pan and mix through.
- Cook for a further 2 to 5 minutes over medium heat and then add the cream cheese. It’s much easier to add the cream cheese in cubes than in one big lock. Continue cooking, stirring regularly, until the cheese has melted and is coating the rest of the dish in a delicious blanket, approx. 10 minutes.
- Store in a covered dish in the fridge for up to 3 days or portion out and freeze.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1/2 skillet)
|Chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, raw)|
|0 g||33.4 g||7 g||206 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||13.5 g||119 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Onion powder, spices|
|1.5 g||0.2 g||0 g||8 kcal|
|Italian seasoning (mixed herbs)|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Beans, snap, green, frozen, all styles, unprepared|
|3 g||1.1 g||0.1 g||24 kcal|
|Lemon juice, fresh|
|0.8 g||0 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||2 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|2.7 g||6 g||23.8 g||209 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1/2 skillet|
|8.8 g||41.1 g||44.6 g||574 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!