Cauliflower is one of the staples in my kitchen. You can use it instead of rice, in a delicious grain-free pizza base and even instead of potatoes to make this creamy mash.
Apart from making cauli-rice, there are several ways you can use this healthy cruciferous vegetable in low-carb recipes! Cauliflower can be used instead of potatoes in recipes such as cauli-mash, potato salad and even potato gratin. So versatile!
Serving size about 1 1/2 cups
Allergy information for Cheesy Low-Carb Risotto
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 1 1/2 cups)
Net carbs8.1 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 19%, fat 72%
Total carbs12.1 gramsFiber4 gramsSugars4.5 gramsSaturated fat16.8 gramsSodium501 mg(22% RDA)Magnesium48 mg(12% RDA)Potassium676 mg(34% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 6 cups Cauli-rice - about 1 medium cauliflower (720 g/ 1.6 lb / 25.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped (70 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (you can make your own)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (110 g/ 4 oz)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or any hard Italian-style cheese (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 2-4 tbsp freshly chopped chives, parsley or spring onion
- sea salt, to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!