These Bulletproof Fat Bombs taste like frozen creamy mocha smoothie. A creamy low-carb dessert for all coffee lovers!
Add a splash of rum or rum extract and they resemble Tiramisu. In fact, I created this recipe while I was working on a keto-friendly Tiramisu for my KetoDiet Cookbook! It includes some of the best 150 low-carb, paleo / primal recipes created exclusively for the cookbook!
These sugar-free treats are ideal for the fat fast and healthy low-carb snacking. Just remember, all fat bombs are treats, not meal replacements — you should eat them in moderation, no more than 1-2 pieces at a time.
How To Make Frozen Fat Bombs
To make the smooth coffee cream mixture, I'm using my Kenwood mixer with a blender attachment.
You can use any ice cream maker. I use Cuisinart) with a built-in freezer but there are less expensive alternatives you can use.
If you don't have an ice-cream maker, pour the mixture directly into an ice tray or small muffin tin. You should be able to fit ~ 2 tablespoons per fat bomb or make smaller fat bombs. You can also use 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee powder instead of 1/2 cup of coffee. The mixture will be thicker and you won't need an ice-cream maker.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 fat bomb)
Calories from carbs 2%, protein 4%, fat 94%
Ingredients (makes 20 fat bombs)
- 1 cup creamed coconut milk or mascarpone cheese or full-fat cream cheese (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter or extra virgin coconut oil (56 g/ 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp MCT oil or Brain Octane Oil or more coconut oil (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder or Dutch process cocoa powder (11 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 1/4 cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (40 g/ 1.4 oz)
- 10-15 drops liquid Stevia extract, or to taste
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee or caffeine-free chicory coffee (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- Optional: 1 tsp sugar-free rum extract or 2-4 tbsp dark rum
- Place the softened creamed coconut milk (or mascarpone cheese), butter or coconut oil, MCT oil and cocoa powder. Optionally, add the rum extract
- Add powdered Erythritol and stevia into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Pour in the prepared coffee (room temperature or lukewarm, not hot) and pulse again until smooth. Pour into the into the ice-cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions. It may take anything between 30-60 minutes depending on your ice-cream maker. Using an ice-cream maker makes the texture smoother & creamy and also allows me to form the "bomb" shapes.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ice-cream into ice tray.
- Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Enjoy! Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 fat bomb)
|0.2 g||0.7 g||4.4 g||44 kcal|
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0 g||2.3 g||20 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||1.3 g||11 kcal|
|Cocoa powder, raw (cacao)|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0.1 g||1 kcal|
|Erythritol (natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Stevia extract (SweetLeaf or NuNaturals, natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Coffee (prepared), liquid|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 fat bomb|
|0.4 g||0.8 g||8.1 g||77 kcal|