We have yet another awesome KetoDiet App update for you!
The iOS update has been released and is available to download. We are now working hard on the Android version which will be available in the next few weeks. For those of you who don't have our app yet, it's free to download so make sure to check it out!
Starting with this release, I will be explaining the new features we add in a quick video. It makes it easier to demo the new features and offers tips on how to use them.
If you find my videos useful or have any suggestions, please let me know by leaving a comment on YouTube.
Allergy Filtering in the KetoDiet App
In this release we added advanced filtering to all 1.5K+ recipes so you can now filter by:
- Ingredients to avoid
- Recipe categories, e.g. easy, quick and vegetarian
- Allergies, e.g. nut-free, dairy-free and egg-free
You can find the new filtering feature under:
- Recipes > filtering button
- Profile > Recipe Options
- Planner > Add + > filtering button
Apart from allergy filtering, we have made more improvements in the Recipes section:
- Serving sizes are now listed in recipes, e.g. 1 cup (240 ml), 2 slices and 1 bar.
- Allergy information is listed in every recipe.
- Improved links to homemade ingredients, e.g. Keto Buns linked directly from the list of ingredients in our Classic Keto Hamburger recipe.
- Homemade ingredients can now be added to the basket directly.
- When searching for recipes, results include matches found in the list of ingredients, not just recipe names.
More Intuitive and Visual Planner
The top level Planner view used to display a grid of values, a bit like a small spreadsheet. In this release we replaced it with a visual representation of your essential macros. You can still view the full nutritional data for your day by tapping on the day and then selecting Macros.
Previously, ingredients were listed per 100 grams. Starting with this release, ingredients are listed using their serving sizes (if available). A serving size could be a slice, cup, tablespoon, etc.
As explained in my video, internally we still know the gram value for any serving size. This allows us to implement two important features:
- Eliminate any foods that have invalid nutritional data.
- Allows for maximum flexibility so users can add any food by weight, not just by a specific serving size.
What We Are Working On
We are busy working on the next update! Here's what we plan to do:
- Custom diet plan generator that will enable users to create any diet plans for their specific macros, dietary requirements and recipe preferences.
- Option for tracking total carbs (for those who don't track net carbs).
- Add ingredients sizes (e.g. slice, cup, tablespoon) when creating custom ingredients. This will still require users to specify the weight in grams which is necessary for data validation.
A lot more features are in our to-do list: such as data export, tracking intermittent fasting, or adding nutrition facts for recipes from all of my cookbooks for easy tracking. (Please keep in mind that full recipes cannot be included due to copyright and contractual limitations with my publisher.)
I will reveal more details in the next milestone!
Please note that software development takes time. We release new updates and add new features as often as we can. Sometimes we have to add one feature before we can implement another.
Your Feedback Matters
I want to thank you all for your amazing support. It enables us to keep working on our app to make it the best we can. We are working hard on the next update that will bring new features and improvements — all driven by your feedback.
If you love KetoDiet, please leave a review on the App Store or Google Play. It only takes a minute and makes a tremendous difference to us. It's the best way to help us take KetoDiet to the next level. Thank you!
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this post!