Hi friends, I have exciting news for you!
The next update of KetoDiet has been released and is available to download. Make sure you have the latest version by launching App Store and switching to the Updates tab (or Google Play under the My Apps section).
Daily Activity Tracking
In this release we added daily activity tracking. Daily activity tracking lets you track days where you are more or less active than your baseline long term activity level.
Here is how it works:
- Under Profile > Macros & Targets you calculate your target macros based on your long term activity level. Your long term activity level captures how active you are on an average day.
- For days that you are significantly more or less active, you can specify your Daily Activity Level in the Planner. This will override your Long Term Activity and recalculate your daily target macros.
How Do I Enter My Daily Activity?
To track your daily activity, go to Planner, pick a day and switch to the Activity Tab.
Use the slider to specify your approximate activity level from sedentary to extremely active. As long as you have your Profile set up, the app will calculate your new daily macro targets.
Why Don't We Use an Exercise Database?
We've spent quite some time evaluating exercise databases and here's what we've found out.
Exercise databases where you pick the type of exercise and duration tend to be fairly inaccurate. Most of them grossly overestimate the amount of calories burnt and don't take into account your individual characteristics such as body weight, body fat, fitness level, etc.
Based on the mostly inflated values, people tend to rely more on exercise as a weight loss tool instead of focusing on the factors that matter most: diet, sleep and stress management.
Instead of focusing on exact numbers that by definition cannot be accurate, we want to encourage people to focus on what has the biggest impact. During our internal testing we realised that people can better judge and estimate their activity levels than using an exercise database.
Trust Level For Ingredients and Meals
There is a common (and quite understandable) misconception amongst people that nutritional data for a branded product are more accurate than the 'generic' nutritional data.
In reality, in the vast majority of cases, nutritional data for generic products are far more accurate and complete than for branded products.
Why is Nutritional Information for Branded Products Less Accurate?
There are two reasons:
- Nutritional data for branded products are provided by producers who have different priorities and interests than to provide absolutely accurate nutritional data.
- Nutritional data are manually collected to compose branded product databases which are always prone to errors. Typically, there are little to no accuracy checks which leads to inaccurate data and duplicates.
Contrary to branded products, generic products are independently tested and verified so the accuracy is not disputed. Additionally, food databases such as the USDA food database keep updating and improving their entries on a regular basis.
How Do You Know Which Foods To Trust?
In this update of the KetoDiet App we display trust levels in the form of badges to inform users on the accuracy of the data for each food. When you tap on any ingredient or meal, you can read what the badge means in the detail view.
This doesn't mean that you shouldn't be using any of the foods with lower trust level, but you should be cautious when using such foods. If you find any discrepancies, you can easily correct them in the app.
New Exclusive Offers Section
We have added a new section for exclusive offers for keto resources we have created and products we use and love. Keep an eye on this section and let us know what you think. Our aim is to have resources and products our users find useful.
Note: Currently this feature is iOS only and we will bring it to Android soon.
General UI Improvements (iOS)
In this release we have worked on several aspects of the KetoDiet App UI to improve usability and fix a layout issue that affected iPad users.
Some of the changes we've made:
- Improved search for extended latin characters (i.e., characters with certain accents such as "crème fraîche").
- Improved readability of ingredient and meal lists throughout the app.
- Merged Settings and Help into one section that is easier to navigate.
- Fixed an iPad portrait mode issue that caused an overlap in buttons.
- Fixed a layout issue that caused some text not to wrap correctly.
What We Are Working On
We are busy working on the next update! Here's what we plan to do:
- Adding thousands more US and international branded products into our food database.
- Option for tracking total carbs (for those who don't track net carbs).
- Advanced filtering for all KetoDiet Recipes. You will be able to filter through 1,500+ recipes based on your allergies and other preferences.
- Custom diet plans. We are working on a free web tool for custom keto diet plans. Once this is done, we will add the same feature into the KetoDiet App. This will be a game changer so stay tuned!
A lot more features are in our to-do list: such as data export, tracking intermittent fasting, or adding nutrition facts for recipes from all of my cookbooks for easy tracking. (Please keep in mind that full recipes cannot be included due to copyright and contractual limitations with my publisher.)
I will reveal more details in the next milestone!
Please note that software development takes time. We release new updates and add new features as often as we can. Sometimes we have to add one feature before we can implement another.
Your Feedback Matters
I want to thank you all for your amazing support. It enables us to keep working on our app to make it the best we can. We are working hard on the next update that will bring new features and improvements — all driven by your feedback.
If you love KetoDiet, please leave a review on the App Store or Google Play. It only takes a minute and makes a tremendous difference to us. It's the best way to help us take KetoDiet to the next level. Thank you!
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this post!