I don’t know about you but each summer I’m up to my ears in zucchini. It’s one of the things that grows like a weed in my garden and I’m always looking for delicious ways to use it up. This low-carb keto version of fried zucchini is sure to be a family favorite.
I like to use a parmesan crust which gets nice and crispy and pairs great with a dill yogurt dipping sauce. I know some recipes that require frying scare some folks off but this one comes together in a cinch as they only take about 1-2 minutes per side. All in all you won’t regret making this recipe!
Nutritional values (per serving, 4-6 pieces)
|of which Saturated||11.9||grams|
|Magnesium||31||mg (8% RDA)|
|Potassium||325||mg (16% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (25%), fat (67%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
Yogurt & Herb Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup plain full-fat yogurt (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (15 ml)
- ½ tsp garlic salt (or use ¼ tsp garlic powder + ¼ tsp salt)
- ½ tsp pepper
Note: Nutrition facts for coconut oil, which is used for frying, are counted partially (50%).
- Slice the zucchini into 1 cm (½ inch) rounds. Arrange 3 bowls with the whisked eggs in one, the parmesan in one, and the coconut flour with spices in the other.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. One at a time dip the zucchini into the coconut flour mixture shaking off the excess before dipping into the egg then into the parmesan then place in the skillet frying 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Drain each piece on a paper towel lined plate. Once all the zucchini has been fried mix together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce (prepared by simply mixing the ingredients for the sauce) and serve.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!