This is another recipe that uses my tortilla dough for a crispy and thin pizza crust! It's the same dough that also works for tortilla chips, tortillas, taco shells or even keto breadsticks. Make sure you also check out my other keto pizza recipes - I even made a quick video recipe based on the well known Fat Head Pizza.
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 slices, ¼ pizza)
|of which Saturated||16.8||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (4%), protein (21%), fat (75%)
Ingredients (makes 1 large pizza)
- 1 large Pizza crust (⅓ of the dough) - see note below
- ½ cup Marinara sauce (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee or lard
- 1 small white or brown onion, chopped (70 g/ 2.5 oz)
- 250 g ground beef (8.8 oz)
- 2 large or 4 thin-cut slices bacon, sliced (60 g/ 2.1 oz)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (you can make your own)
- 1 tbsp ketchup (you can make your own)
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese (85 g/ 3 oz)
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese for pizza (85 g/ 3 oz)
- ½ cup sliced pickled cucumbers (78 g/ 2.7 oz)
- ¼ salt or more to taste (I like pink Himalayan)
- Optional: more ketchup & mustard for garnish
My pizza dough is so versatile! Keep the rest of the dough in the fridge for up to 5 days to make more pizza crusts, tortilla chips, tortillas, taco shells or even keto breadsticks!
- Prepare the pizza crust and Marinara sauce (will add extra cooking time). Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Heat a large pan greased with ghee over a medium-high heat and fry the onion for a few minutes, until fragrant. Add the minced beef and cook until the meat is opaque and cooked through.
- Add the mustard, ketchup and mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When done, take off the heat and set aside.
- Spread the marinara sauce on top of the baked pizza crust. Add grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with cooked beef and bacon pieces.
- Finally, add the sliced pickles and transfer into the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and optionally drizzle with some mustard and ketchup (I keep mine in a jar so I used a piping bag to do that).
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!