The original Low-Carb Mozzarella Pizza Crust, also called Fat Head Pizza by Tom Naughton, is very popular in the low-carb community.
I made the recipe for the first time a few months ago and was pleasantly surprised with the result. The crust is thin with crispy edges and tastes fantastic. Unlike traditional pizza, this high-fat, low-carb version is filling and two slices will fill you up for hours.
Once you try it you'll realise how easy it is to make a healthy grain-free keto pizza - just check out my video recipe below!
Follow us 36.6k
Serving size 2 slices, 1/4 pizza
Allergy information for Fat Head Pizza with Mozzarella, Tomato & Rocket
✔ Gluten free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 slices, 1/4 pizza)
Net carbs6.8 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 22%, fat 73%
Total carbs9.3 gramsFiber2.5 gramsSugars3.4 gramsSaturated fat14.3 gramsSodium985 mg(43% RDA)Magnesium87 mg(22% RDA)Potassium356 mg(18% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Fat Head Pizza Base:
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (170 g/ 6 oz)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (56 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour (85 g/ 3 oz)
- extra virgin olive oil for flattening the dough
- Start by making the pizza crust. Place the grated mozzarella cheese into a bowl and add the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix with a spatula and microwave on high for another 30 seconds. Mix again.
- Add the egg and combine well. Add salt, almond flour and mix until well combined.
- Place the dough on a heatproof baking mat and use your hands to flatten ...
- ... until 1/4 - 1/2 inch (1/2 - 1 cm) thick. Spray some olive oil on your hands to prevent the dough from sticking. Alternatively, you can use a piece of parchment paper on top and roll the dough out until thin. Dock the dough with a fork and bake in the oven preheated to 220 °C/ 425 °F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the marinara sauce on top. Add fresh mozzarella slices.
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, top with fresh basil, rocket, Parmesan cheese and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice and serve hot or cold.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 slices, 1/4 pizza)
|Mozzarella cheese (low moisture, for pizza)|
|2.4 g||10.1 g||8.4 g||125 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|0.5 g||1 g||4 g||35 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.1 g||1.6 g||1.2 g||18 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Almond flour (blanched ground almonds, almond meal)|
|1.9 g||4.6 g||11.2 g||125 kcal|
|0.9 g||0.2 g||3.3 g||34 kcal|
|Mozzarella cheese, fresh (for salads)|
|0.9 g||7.7 g||5.1 g||81 kcal|
|0 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Rocket (arugula), fresh|
|0.1 g||0.1 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.2 g||2.5 g||1.8 g||28 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||6.8 g||60 kcal|
|Total per serving, 2 slices, 1/4 pizza|
|6.8 g||27.8 g||41.7 g||506 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!