Fat bombs are becoming more and more popular within the low-carb community and not just during the fat fast. These lemon treats are just one of the many fat bombs I have on my blog. I often use coconut oil which is high in MCTs and one of the healthiest foods on the planet. As always, fat bombs are not meant to be overeaten or substitute a full meal but they are great as snacks.
Nutritional values (per serving):
|of which Saturated||10.3||grams|
|Magnesium||5||mg (1% RDA)|
|Potassium||46||mg (2% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from net carbs (2.8%), protein (2.7%), fat (94.5%)
Ingredients (makes 16 servings):
Note: Based on some feedback, 2-4 tbsp powdered Erythritol works better than stevia - the amount depends on your preference. Coconut butter is also sold as "creamed coconut" - this is not the same as coconut milk "creamed" in the fridge. You can also use shredded coconut to make home-made coconut butter in a blender. Here are some healthy sweeteners I recommend (my Amazon store).
- Zest the lemons and make sure the coconut butter and coconut oil are softened (room temperature). It's better if you use a very fine grater to avoid having large pieces of lemon peel in the fat bombs.
Make sure you use organic, unwaxed lemons in this recipe.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and make sure the lemon zest and stevia are distributed evenly. You can use clear, lemon or coconut stevia drops.
If you prefer a sweeter and less bitter taste (may be caused by too much stevia), use 2-4 tablespoons or powdered Erythritol instead.
- Fill each mini muffin paper cup, or silicone candy mold with ~ 1 tbsp of the coconut mixture and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge.
- Place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes or until solid.
- When done, keep refrigerated. Coconut oil and coconut butter get soft at room temperature. Enjoy!
Tip for leftovers: You can use the remaining lemon to make home-made lemonade. Simply mix water with preferred amount of lemon juice and stevia and add some ice. Or you can add some lemon juice to my Summer Iced Berry "Lemonade" :-)