These mini cheesecakes are definitely on the list of my best recipes. They are great for the 4th July celebrations, but I'm sure you will find many other occasions for it, too :-)
I've used a special ingredient: freeze-dried fruit powder with no added sugar. I live in the UK and got it from HealthySupplies.co.uk, and there are several products available on Amazon.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||11.4||grams|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7.4%), protein (7%), fat (85.6%)
Ingredients (makes 12 mini cheesecakes)
Note: You can get berry powders from Amazoon. If you don't have freeze-dried fruit powder, you can substitute blueberry fruit powder with raw cocoa powder and strawberry fruit powder with 1 cup of fresh strawberries. If you have nut allergies, use desiccated coconut instead of macadamia nuts.
- Place all the ingredients for the crust in a food processor.
- Add freeze-dried blueberry powder. Pulse until the mixture is roughly chopped. Don't blend it too much.
- The crust batter should be crumbly, not as smooth as nut butter.
- Transfer the mixture in the mini cake molds and press it down. Place the molds in the fridge before the cheese filling is ready.
*Note: I used mini cheese cake pan molds with removable bottom. If you don't have one, use silicone muffin forms. Other forms are not recommended - you will need to be able to remove the cheesecakes after they are done!*
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the filling apart from the gelatin sheets. Place half of the mixture in another bowl and set aside.
- Place 2 gelatin sheets into a small plate and add a bit of water. In a small pan, bring 1/4 cup of water to boil and turn the heat off. Add softened and drained gelatin sheets and mix well until it disolves. Pour the gelatin mixture slowly into one of the bowls with cheese filling and incorporate well.
If you are using powdered gelatin, use one envelope and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Take the cake molds from the fridge and pour the mixture evenly into each of them. Place in the fridge before you prepare the last layer of cheese filling.
- Spoon the strawberry powder into the bowl with remaining cheese filling and mix well. Similarly to step 6, incorporate the remaining gelatin sheets and add the mixture slowly to the cheese filling while stirring.
- Take the cake molds from the fridge and carefully fill all of them with the last layer of cheese filling. Place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours, or better overnight.
Push the cakes out from the molds and and keep them in the fridge in an airtight container to prevent the edges from drying. Enjoy! :-)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!