A few days ago we announced Custom Diet Plans — a highly requested feature — which are now available not just on iOS devices but also on Android devices.
We have another big update, this time for iOS. We've been busy working on a new user interface (UI) in order to make navigating our app easier. Most of the changes are focused on iPhone but several of them also apply to iPad.
The new update has been released and will be available to download in the next 24 hours. Once available, you can make sure that you have the latest version by opening this link on your device.
What Changed in KetoDiet?
Our goal is to improve navigation and enhance the user experience. In this update we made two significant improvements:
- Menu is now located in the bottom section of the app, making it look like a more familiar tab-based application.
- Related sections in the app are grouped into categories.
The goal of these changes is to make it easier to perform common tasks, and easier to jump between different sections in the app. For example, barcode scanning is now instant, and searching for foods to be added to your day is only a tap away.
Follow us 148.4k
A Big Thank You to our BETA Testers
For the last few months we have been developing and testing the new UI driven by the feedback provided by our BETA testers. We always want to make sure that every update goes as smoothly as possible.
If you have any feedback on the new version of the app, you can contact us directly either via the app under Settings > Help & Support, or by posting to our Facebook Support Group.
Why is Improving the UI so Important?
KetoDiet is a complex app with a multitude of features — and many more to be added in future releases. Improving the UI at this stage is a crucial part of the development process.
It enables us to add new features in a way that is consistent and intuitive without adding unnecessary complexities to the user interface. This is without any doubt the most difficult part of the development process.
What Else is New for KetoDiet on iOS?
Apart from the new UI, we added a few more features and made improvements in the following sections of our app:
- All scanned ingredients are now automatically listed under Ingredients > Scanned and can be easily found when searching for them.
- Account and Data Sync pages have now been merged into a single Account & Sync page. We have also added easy access to account admin sections such as changing password, email or deleting user account. (See screenshot below)
Follow us 148.4k
- Users can now select preferred units for individual data items rather than having a single universal measurement system. For example, users can have their weight displayed in kilograms and their height in feet.
- Ounces (oz) are no longer listed under "common weights" but have their own dedicated keyboard section for more flexible editing. (See screenshot below)
- Much improved data entry with overview charts. (See screenshot below)
Follow us 148.4k
What's Next for the KetoDiet App?
- Upcoming Android update: feature parity with iOS for Custom Diet Plans See this post for more information.
- Upcoming iOS & Android update: ability to reorder whole days within a diet plan. This will make it more practical if, for example, you need to use ingredients for a certain meal on Monday instead of Thursday.
- "Complete my day" feature which will enable users to get suitable suggestions for a meal (or meals) in a particular day while meeting their macros.
- Support for tracking sugar alcohols. Our priority has always been accuracy and that is why this feature will be different from any other app you may have used before.
- Custom measurements when creating custom meals. Apart from grams and ounces, you will be able to enter nutrition facts for any serving size (slices, cups, etc.)
- Community feature on both iOS and Android that will enable users to share meals, discuss topics and join challenges. This is a huge feature and it will take some time to implement.
- ... and many more so stay tuned!
The list is endless and driven by your feedback! Please, keep in mind that adding new features takes time and we are always going to be adding features based on their priority in the list :-)
Want to help us take KetoDiet to the next level?
Love KetoDiet? You can support us by leaving a review on the App Store or Google Play. Your review matters and will help us add more amazing features. Thank you!
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this post!