Follow us 148.4k
Cilantro. There, I’ve said it. Now I’ll just sit back and wait for the two opposing sides to battle it out.
I get it, if you’re one of those people genetically hardwired to not like cilantro, it tastes like soap to you. This is probably not the recipe for you.
But to me? Cilantro is fresh and peppery and has an unidentifiable… something, that makes it irresistible.
This pesto is a fresh take on an old classic and I love the way the toasted almonds and pepitas pair with the cilantro to create a super fresh, yet nutty and cheesy tasting pesto. Serve it as a dip, toss it through zoodles or eat it out of the jar with a spoon.
Serving size tbsp, 15 g/ 0.5 oz
Allergy information for Homemade Cilantro Pesto
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, tbsp, 15 g/ 0.5 oz)
Net carbs0.5 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 10%, fat 87%
Total carbs1 gramsFiber0.5 gramsSugars0.2 gramsSaturated fat0.9 gramsSodium19 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium20 mg(5% RDA)Potassium57 mg(3% EMR)
Ingredients (makes ~ 1 3/4 cups)
- large bunch of fresh cilantro, tops not stem (125 grams/ 4.5 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- juice from lime (3 tbsp/ 45 ml)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (54 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds/ pepitas (65 g/ 2.3 oz)
- 6 tbsp grated Parmesan (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- Optional: salt and pepper, to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!