Follow us 148.4k
This low-carb pesto pull apart bread is perfect for your dinner table this party season, or you can freeze and it makes a great keto snack for work lunches.
No need to play tug of war over this one though, there’s plenty for everyone! It’s so seriously good it’d fool any carb loving bread monster into thinking it’s the real deal! The pesto makes it absolutely delicious. Served as is or stuff with your favourite keto filling. Simple Mediterranean flavours like avocado and tomato work really well with it.
Tips & Substitutions
- Lukewarm water in this recipe will slow down the raising effect of baking soda. I tried both boiling water and lukewarm and although it made no difference for baguettes, some people have been experiencing air bubbles / hollow insides when making a loaf. More tips on the perfect loaf are listed here.
- For a paleo, dairy-free option, try this coconut milk kefir recipe instead of the buttermilk: Use half of the coconut milk kefir and half water. Alternatively, you can use the dough for Ultimate Keto Buns or Nut-Free Keto Buns (both recipes are dairy-free).
- Make sure you use a kitchen scale for measuring all the dry ingredients. Using just cups may not be enough to achieve best results, especially in baked goods. Weights per cups and tablespoons may vary depending on the product/ brand or if you make you own ingredients (like flaxmeal from flaxseeds). Psyllium absorbs lots of water. When baking with psyllium, you must remember to drink enough water throughout the day to prevent constipation!
- You can use any other pesto recipes, including dairy-free and nut-free options.
Serving size bun
Allergy information for Pesto Pull-Apart Low Carb Bread
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, bun)
Net carbs3.6 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 16%, fat 78%
Total carbs10.2 gramsFiber6.6 gramsSugars2.2 gramsSaturated fat3.7 gramsSodium590 mg(26% RDA)Magnesium76 mg(19% RDA)Potassium281 mg(14% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 12 servings)
Basil & Arugula Pesto:
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (50 g/ 1.8 oz)
- 1 bunch fresh basil (28 g/ 1 oz)
- 2 cups arugula (20 g/ 0.7 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!