Dinner or cocktail parties can be tricky when you, or one of your guests, is keto.
These delicious little bites are perfect for sharing at a party, picnic or get together. The tender zucchini wraps around a tangy and moreish lemon and artichoke pesto (original recipe from the KetoDiet App), and even your non-keto friends will love them.
The best part is, they take just minutes to put together.
Serving size 4 roll-ups
Allergy information for Low-Carb Zucchini Pesto Roll-Ups
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, 4 roll-ups)
Net carbs1.8 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 6%, fat 88%
Total carbs3.6 gramsFiber1.8 gramsSugars1.4 gramsSaturated fat1.8 gramsSodium138 mg(6% RDA)Magnesium18 mg(5% RDA)Potassium172 mg(9% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 36 roll-ups)
Lemon & Artichoke Pesto:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves (15 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest from 1 organic lemon
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or other Italian hard cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (60 ml)
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Lemon & Artichoke Pesto (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 3 small or 2 medium zucchini (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- Optional: chile flakes and fresh herbs, to taste
Note: You can swap the zucchini with cucumber, or use any other homemade pesto.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!