Coconut cream is a keto staple because it's low in carbs and high in fats. It's the ideal dairy alternative if you follow a dairy-free keto diet.
Most of you are familiar with canned coconut cream (aka creamed coconut milk); it's thick, creamy and very rich which makes it ideal for making satisfying low-carb desserts such as fat bombs and it's a great addition to low-carb curries.
But what if you could make whipped coconut cream that is just as fluffy and delicious as dairy cream? I found that the iSi Whipper is the perfect tool for mousse-like coconut cream!
Using an electric mixer or a hand whisk will somewhat do the job but you will never be able to get that amazingly airy mousse effect of the iSi Whipper. So how does it work? In an iSi Whipper, soluble gas (usually nitrous oxide) is released into the liquid to be foamed by pressure. This method produces beautifully light, airy and creamy results.
Apart from whipped dairy cream and coconut cream, you can use the iSi Whipper to prepare sauces, mousse and other fluffy low-carb desserts and snacks.
You can keep the cream plain or add sugar-free vanilla extract or cinnamon. Coconut cream is naturally sweet but you can optionally add a few drops of stevia or 1 to 2 tablespoons of powdered low-carb sweetener such as Erythritol or Swerve.
Tips for the Best Whipped Coconut Cream
- Always use canned coconut milk and avoid using liquid carton coconut milk. Carton coconut milk contains less fat than full-fat canned coconut milk. It wouldn't result in thick cream as it lacks thickeners such as guar gum.
- Do use BPA-free canned coconut milk. Avoid products that are not labeled "BPA-free".
- Do NOT refrigerate the canned coconut milk before using. Chilled coconut milk won't work in an iSi Whipper as it will be too thick and will split. If you have chilled coconut milk, use this method for creamed coconut milk instead.
- Shake the can vigorously before pouring into the iSi Whipper.
- Any solid pieces will almost assuredly cause sputtering, which is also why it's best if that you strain everything through a fine mesh sieve. (Note: It depends on the coconut milk. I did not use a sieve and it still produced smooth and fluffy results.)
- Depending on the size of your iSi Whipper, you'll need to use either one iSi charger or up to two chargers for a large 1 L whipper.
- Start by dispensing the cream very slowly. Once you see it come out, apply more pressure as needed. If you squeeze the trigger too hard, you'll just end up depressurising the whipper and the cream will spatter.
- If you are not planning to use the cream immediately, make sure to store it in the fridge on its side. Shake it again after you chill it and before you dispense any cream. This is very important as otherwise the cream may not come out evenly and may spatter.
- Make sure to thoroughly clean the iSi Whipper between uses and check for any blockages to avoid spattering.
Serving size 1/4 cup/ 60 ml
Allergy information for How To Make Perfectly Fluffy Whipped Coconut Cream
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1/4 cup/ 60 ml)
Net carbs1.3 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 4%, fat 91%
Total carbs1.3 gramsFiber- gramsSugars- gramsSaturated fat9 gramsSodium6 mg(0% RDA)Magnesium22 mg(5% RDA)Potassium105 mg(5% EMR)
Ingredients (makes about 2 1/2 cups)
- Before you start, check the tips above for best results. Vigorously shake a can of room temperature coconut milk. (You can use up to 2 cans depending on the size of your iSi Whipper. The maximum capacity will be indicated on the outside of the whipper.) Pour into the iSi Whipper, fill up to the maximum filling capacity indicated on the outside of the bottle.
- Place the lid (with the rubber seal inside) on top and screw on tightly. Screw on the charger holder with the inserted iSi cream charger. Shake vigorously for a few seconds, as if it were a cocktail shaker.
- Let it rest for a few seconds, and then shake again. Repeat 4 to 5 times.
- Unscrew the empty charger and screw a protective cup onto the piercing mechanism.
- Holding the iSi whipper head down, gently press to release the fluffy cream into a bowl or directly on top of any keto treats.
- See how light and airy it is?😊 The whipped cream can be used immediately (no chilling needed!) or stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1/4 cup/ 60 ml)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!