These amazing low-carb pancakes are sugar-free, grain-free and nut-free. Like in my other keto pancakes, I used ricotta cheese to make them fluffy and soft inside, and crispy on the outside. Make them in batches and freeze for a quick keto breakfast or treat.
Serving size 2 mini pancakes
Allergy information for Fluffy Low-Carb Chocolate Pancakes
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 mini pancakes)
Net carbs3.9 grams
Calories from carbs 7%, protein 21%, fat 72%
Total carbs7.4 gramsFiber3.5 gramsSugars0.9 gramsSaturated fat9.2 gramsSodium236 mg(10% RDA)Magnesium52 mg(13% RDA)Potassium276 mg(14% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 mini pancakes, 2-4 servings)
- Mix the dry ingredients: cacao powder, Erythritol, cream of tartar, baking soda and vanilla powder (or cinnamon).
Note: Cream of tartar and baking soda act as leavening agents. This is how it works: To get 2 teaspoons of gluten-free baking powder, you need 1/2 a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar. Instead of this mixture, you can also use gluten and aluminum free baking powder.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the ricotta cheese, and beat using a hand whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease a pan with some ghee or coconut oil and once hot, using a spoon or ladle, create small pancakes. You can use pancake molds like these to create perfect shapes.
- Cook on low-medium heat for about 5 minutes until the top of the pancake starts to firm up and you see bubbles forming on top. Then, remove the pancake mold (if used), and flip on the other side. Cook for another minute just to crisp up. Repeat for the remaining pancakes and grease the pan as needed.
- Enjoy with your preferred toppings or let them cool down and place in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days - or freeze for up to 3 months.
You can optionally serve the pancakes with full-fat yogurt, sour cream, berries and sugar-free syrup. Apart from sugar-free maple syrup, you can make any flavours you like. I made cherry syrup using Sukrin Clear syrup and cherry extract.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 mini pancakes)
|Cocoa powder, raw (cacao)|
|1.5 g||1.4 g||1 g||16 kcal|
|Cocoa powder, raw (cacao)|
|0.3 g||0.3 g||0.2 g||3 kcal|
|Cream of tartar, raising agent|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Baking soda, raising agent (bicarbonate of soda)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Erythritol (natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0.5 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.4 g||6.3 g||4.8 g||72 kcal|
|Ricotta cheese, full-fat|
|0.9 g||3.4 g||3.9 g||52 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||7.5 g||68 kcal|
|Total per serving, 2 mini pancakes|
|3.9 g||11.4 g||17.3 g||215 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!