This is a remake of my low-carb strawberry ricotta pancakes, a recipe I created shortly after I started this website. I knew this recipe had some flaws and always wanted to go back and try using other ingredients and cooking methods.
My original pancakes were too fragile and difficult to handle. Instead of making them on a pan, I baked these beauties in the oven and it was just what I was hoping for! Delicious, fluffy pancakes that are full of flavour and sweetness from baked strawberries. These are really tasty!
I made them with strawberries but these fluffy low-carb pancakes work just as well with blueberries, raspberries or blackberries. Enjoy!
Serving size 2 pancakes
Allergy information for Baked Low-Carb Strawberry Ricotta Pancakes
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 2 pancakes)
Net carbs5.8 grams
Calories from carbs 9%, protein 22%, fat 69%
Total carbs8.7 gramsFiber2.9 gramsSugars3 gramsSaturated fat13 gramsSodium254 mg(11% RDA)Magnesium24 mg(6% RDA)Potassium348 mg(17% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F (fan assisted), or 195 °C/ 380 °F (conventional). Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, vanilla extract, ricotta cheese and stevia.
- Beat the egg whites until they become thick and form soft peaks. While beating, slowly add the baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Transfer the egg whites into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture and very gently fold in. Using a sieve, slowly add the coconut flour. Be careful not to deflate the mixture completely.
- Place the sliced strawberries onto a baking dish lined with parchment paper and greased with coconut oil. If you only have frozen strawberries, they have to be thawed and the excess juices removed.
- Top with the pancake mixture and add more strawberries on top. Spray with coconut oil and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until slightly browned.
- Place on a serving plate and serve warm. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 2 pancakes)
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.4 g||6.3 g||4.8 g||72 kcal|
|Coconut flour, organic|
|1.3 g||2.1 g||1.8 g||44 kcal|
|1.5 g||5.6 g||6.5 g||87 kcal|
|Vanilla extract, powder (vanilla bean)|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Coconut oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||6.7 g||61 kcal|
|Cream of tartar, raising agent|
|0.5 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Baking soda, raising agent (bicarbonate of soda)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|2 g||0.2 g||0.1 g||12 kcal|
|Stevia extract (SweetLeaf or NuNaturals, natural low-carb sweetener)|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, 2 pancakes|
|5.8 g||14.2 g||19.9 g||280 kcal|
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!