Low-carb smoothies like this chocolate coconut smoothie are a healthy breakfast option for busy mornings. Thanks to healthy fats from avocado and coconut cream, this keto smoothie will keep you full until lunch.
Avocado and cacao are high in electrolytes, especially magnesium and potassium, and will keep keto flu at bay. You can optionally add collagen, whipped cream and cocoa nibs. Enjoy!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Chocolate Coconut Smoothie
Nutritional values (per serving)
Ingredients (makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 large avocado (100 g/ 3.5 oz)
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk (300 ml/ 10 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream or heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp flax meal or chia seeds (7 g/ 0.3 oz)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cacao powder (8 g/ 0.3 oz)
- 1 tsp virgin coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1 heaped tbsp almond butter, or other nut or seed butter) (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
- Optional: water if too thick
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the fat burning keto smoothie into a glass and serve. If using whipped cream for topping: Whip the coconut or heavy whipping cream using a hand blender until thick. Optionally, add cocoa nibs or chopped dark chocolate.
- Best served fresh but can be stored in the fridge for 1 day.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|1.8 g||2 g||14.7 g||160 kcal|
|Almond milk natural (unsweetened)|
|1.2 g||1.5 g||3.6 g||42 kcal|
|Flax meal (flaxmeal), ground flaxseed|
|0.1 g||1.3 g||3 g||37 kcal|
|Cocoa powder, raw (cacao)|
|1.7 g||1.6 g||1.1 g||18 kcal|
|Coconut oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||4.5 g||40 kcal|
|Almond butter (organic, unsweetened)|
|2 g||6 g||16 g||212 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|6.8 g||12.4 g||42.8 g||510 kcal|