This keto salad is based on an old classic - creamy cucumber salad. What I love about it most is that it takes just a few minutes to prepare and uses a few simple ingredients.
Unlike the traditional recipe which includes sour cream, I made it dairy-free by using paleo mayonnaise and added sliced radishes for an extra crunch. I like to serve mine as a side with steak, barbecued fish, or crispy duck breast.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||3.3||grams|
|Magnesium||23||mg (6% RDA)|
|Potassium||324||mg (16% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (7%), protein (3%), fat (90%)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 3 large cucumbers, sliced (900 g/ 1 lb)
- 200 g radishes, sliced (7.1 oz)
- ½ large red onion, sliced (85 g/ 3 oz)
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the lemon juice and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Optionally, add 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar. Add freshly chopped dill and mix well.
- Using the slicing attachment on your food processor or a knife, thinly slice the cucumbers, radishes, ...
... and red onion. Place the sliced vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the sliced vegetables.
- Mix until well combined. Serve as a side with meat or fish, as an appetiser, or light dinner. Eat immediately, or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!