Chocolate Pot de Creme is one of my all time favorite desserts. It’s like a mix between chocolate pudding and chocolate fudge, what could you not love about that? This low-carb version tastes just like my favorite go-to recipe but without the guilt of all of that sugar! This is one ketogenic treat you can feel good about!
Since these are little individual sized desserts they make a great option for dinner parties. You can easily double or triple the recipe as well. If you’re not dairy free, feel free to use heavy whipping cream in place of the coconut milk!
You also have a few choices as far as toppings go. Sea salt is a personal favorite but crushed nuts, keto whipped cream, or extra chocolate shaving would all be delicious.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||20.6||grams|
|Magnesium||64||mg (16% RDA)|
|Potassium||677||mg (34% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (8%), protein (8%), fat (84%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Note: You can use dark chocolate instead of unsweetened chocolate. If using 85% dark chocolate, one serving will contain 8.9 g net carbs. If using 90% dark chocolate, one contain will contain 7 g net carbs. When you using canned coconut milk, keep at room temperature and shake well before measuring out a cup (you'll need both the creamy part and the juice). Alternatively, you can use liquid coconut milk like Aroy-D.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces.
- Over medium heat melt the chocolate, coconut milk, and Swerve together, simmer over low heat until thick about minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla, salt, ...
- ... and cinnamon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate to the bowl and quickly whisk to incorporate. Repeat 1 tablespoon at a time with half of the chocolate.
- Scrape the egg mixture into the pot with the remaining chocolate and set back over low heat. Bring back to a simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour the mixture into four 4-oz jelly jars and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- To serve sprinkle with a little extra salt.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!