Mmmmmmmm… warm, cheesy keto bread.
I bet that got your attention, didn’t it! These Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart rolls are just divine. They’re perfect for sharing with friends or for serving as a low-carb side dish with a soup or stew.
Or, you could just eat ‘em all yourself, we won’t judge you. Using Martina’s Keto Sourdough Baguettes as the base of this recipe makes for a simple and adaptable pull apart experience.
You can switch out ingredients for those that you prefer; love it spicy? Add chilli. Don’t have fresh herbs? Use dried? Want it extra cheesy? You know what to do.
And bread that comes in at just over 4 grams of carbs for a big bun? Sold. This recipe will be on high rotation in my household over winter.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 bun)
|of which Saturated||8.5||grams|
|Magnesium||96||mg (24% RDA)|
|Potassium||347||mg (17% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (6%), protein (21%), fat (73%)
Ingredients (makes 9 buns)
- 1 recipe Sourdough Keto Baguettes
- ¼ cup butter, melted (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (57 g/ 2 oz)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C/ 360 F. Make Martina’s Keto Sourdough Baguettes (I substituted almond milk and lemon juice mixed together for the buttermilk).
- Once you reach Step 4, instead of forming the baguettes onto a baking tray, shape them into balls instead. This dough can be a bit sticky to handler, so wet your hands to form the balls. I made 9 large balls, but you could easily double that number with smaller balls.
- Mix the garlic and melted butter together in one bowl and the herbs in another. Mix the cheeses together in a third bowl. Grease an oven-proof pan.
- Roll each ball first in the garlic butter mix and then in the cheese mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place the balls in a circular pattern in your pan. You can sprinkle your herbs over the entire pan full, or over every second ball to create an interesting pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven to 150°C and bake for a further 45 minutes.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!