This paté is super healthy and perfect for low-carb eating. It's made with fatty fish high in omega 3 fatty acids and works great with both baked and smoked salmon. Pecans add a chunkier texture and go well with salmon. I made the paté with some Cheesy Spinach Crackers which I will share with you very soon :-)
Nutritional values (per serving, ¼ cup / 2 oz):
|of which Saturated||4||grams|
|Magnesium||16||mg (4% RDA)|
|Potassium||166||mg (8% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (3.9%), protein (18.6%), fat (77.5%).
Ingredients (makes 6-10 servings, ~ 2 ½ cups):
This recipe serves 6 as a started or 10 as a dip. When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 200 F / 400 F. Place the salmon filets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with ghee and transfer into the oven for 20-25 minutes. When done, remove from the oven and let it cool down. Then, peel and discard the skin.
- Peel and slice the garlic and dice the onion. Place the cooked salmon and garlic into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
To keep the paté chunky, I added the onion and pecans after the garlic & salmon were blended.
- Add the onion, pecan nuts, mayonnaise,...
- ... cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pulse for a few seconds until desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon the paté into a bowl and add freshly chopped parsley. Mix until well combined. Serve immediately and cover with a wrap and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Serve on top of low-carb bread, with breadsticks, tortilla chips or crackers (recipe for Cheesy Spinach Crackers will be posted soon!)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!