Baked salmon with creamy spinach and lemony hollandaise — such as simple yet delicious meal packed with protein and healthy fats! It's also real easy to adjust the fat and protein to fit your macros. Need more protein? Simply increase the amount of salmon. For more fats, add a bit more cream cheese or cream. or drizzle the finished meal with some heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil.
The whole dish is served with creamy lemon Hollandaise sauce which is extremely easy to make once you learn how to do it. Here are my four fool-proof tips for perfectly smooth hollandaise:
- Always cook it gently over a pot filled with boiling water and never allow the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Keep mixing it at all times if you don't want to find any lumps.
- Pour the butter (or ghee) in very slowly or it will curdle.
- Don't your Hollandaise or it may curdle - make it fresh every time you use it just for the servings needed. If you do need to reheat it, use low heat and stir constantly. If it clumps up, place in a blender and pulse until smooth.
1,500+ delicious keto recipes
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Planner & tracker
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
And so much more...!
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Serving size 1 fillet + spinach & hollandaise
Allergy information for Salmon with Creamy Spinach & Hollandaise Sauce
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 fillet + spinach & hollandaise)
Net carbs4.2 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 21%, fat 76%
Total carbs7.7 gramsFiber3.5 gramsSugars1.6 gramsSaturated fat30.4 gramsSodium963 mg(42% RDA)Magnesium163 mg(41% RDA)Potassium1,444 mg(72% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 2 small salmon or trout fillets (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp ghee, virgin avocado oil or olive oil (30 ml)
- 300 g fresh or frozen and drained spinach or chard (10.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or heavy whipping cream or coconut cream (30 ml)
- 2 servings Hollandaise sauce (about 1/2 cup/ 120 ml)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!