Baked salmon with creamy spinach and lemony hollandaise — such as simple yet delicious meal packed with protein and healthy fats! It's also real easy to adjust the fat and protein to fit your macros. Need more protein? Simply increase the amount of salmon. For more fats, add a bit more cream cheese or cream. or drizzle the finished meal with some heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil.
The whole dish is served with creamy lemon Hollandaise sauce which is extremely easy to make once you learn how to do it. Here are my four fool-proof tips for perfectly smooth hollandaise:
- Always cook it gently over a pot filled with boiling water and never allow the water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Keep mixing it at all times if you don't want to find any lumps.
- Pour the butter (or ghee) in very slowly or it will curdle.
- Don't reheat your Hollandaise or it may curdle but instead make it fresh every time you use it just for the servings needed. If you do need to reheat it, use low heat and stir constantly. If it clumps up, place in a blender and pulse until smooth.
Serving size 1 fillet + spinach & hollandaise
Allergy information for Salmon with Creamy Spinach & Hollandaise Sauce
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 fillet + spinach & hollandaise)
Net carbs4.2 grams
Calories from carbs 3%, protein 21%, fat 76%
Total carbs7.7 gramsFiber3.5 gramsSugars1.6 gramsSaturated fat30.4 gramsSodium963 mg(42% RDA)Magnesium163 mg(41% RDA)Potassium1,444 mg(72% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 2 small salmon or trout fillets (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 tbsp ghee, virgin avocado oil or olive oil (30 ml)
- 300 g fresh or frozen and drained spinach or chard (10.6 oz)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese or heavy whipping cream or coconut cream (30 ml)
- 2 servings Hollandaise sauce (about 1/2 cup/ 120 ml)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!