For a fat bomb, this recipe is quite unique as most tend to be sweet. Not everyone can eat low-carb sweeteners and that's why I've created this savoury treat. Just like my Savory Fat Bombs (from the KetoDiet apps), these are easy to prepare and can be eaten on top of crunchy lettuce leaves or with any type of low-carb bread. Hope you like them - please, let me know by leaving a comment! :-)
You can also find more fat bombs here.
Nutritional values (per serving / 1 piece)
|of which Saturated||9.7||grams|
|Magnesium and potassium||trace|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (1.8%), protein (8%), fat (90.2%).
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- ½ cup full-fat cream cheese (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- ⅓ cup butter, grass-fed (75 g / 2.7 oz)
- ½ package smoked salmon or smoked mackerel (50 g / 1.8 oz)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped dill (or 1 tsp dried) - skip if using mackerel
- optionally: pinch salt (I like pink Himalayan)
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Place the cream cheese, butter and smoked salmon into a food processor.
- Add fresh lemon juice and dill and pulse until smooth. I'm using my Kenwood mixer with a food processor attachment.
- Line a tray with parchment paper and create small fat bombs using about 2 ½ tablespoons of the mixture per piece. Garnish with more dill and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Alternatively, simply spoon the mixture into an airtight container. Eat immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week. When ready to be served, just spoon out about 2 ½ tablespoons per serving. Eat on top of crunchy lettuce leaves or as spread on top of Ultimate Keto Buns, Healthy Low-carb Bagels or Low-carb "Rye" bread.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!