The 30-Day Weight Loss Challenge is over but you can still join us in the new 90-Day Keto Weight Loss Challenge and win an iPad Mini!
Hi Everybody, Happy New Year to All of You!
I've been busy, at times stressful but that didn't stop me from having an amazing time. I've spent the last few months working on my new book, creating a special build of our KetoDiet app for cancer research and working on my blog. Like some of you, I've had a few high-carb meals. With all the delicious festive meals and treats it's very hard to resist temptations. When it comes to the holiday season I allow myself to have a few meals I would usually avoid, as I recently mentioned in this post at A Sweet Life.
Have you been sticking with low-carb eating? Don't worry if you didn't, I know how difficult it is with all the family gatherings - I've created this 30-day weight loss challenge to get you (and myself) back on track :-)
To begin with, don't panic if you feel like you gained weight. Unless you have been eating high-carb meals regularly, it's very likely that the extra pounds are not from increased body fat. It's more likely due to water retention which is very common after having a couple of high-carb meals. That's because increased intake of glucose enhances water retention and you may feel like you put on weight. If you had just a couple of high-carb meals like I did, the extra pounds are likely just "extra" water. As soon as you go back to low-carb eating, your weight should return to what is was in just 1-3 days. Also, don't be surprised if you experience "keto-flu", especially if you are not keto-adapted.
Here are some tips to help you get back in ketosis faster:
- A session or two of cardio exercise. Although not a great weight loss tool (increases hunger and food intake), it's perfect for depleting glycogen and boosting ketones after a cheat day. All I did to get back on track in just one day was a 45-minute session of light running & power walking.
- coconut oil / MCT oil
- fat fast (only recommended for those who are keto-adapted)
So I hope all of you are now ready for my 30-Day Keto Weight Loss Challenge!
Details of my Challenge & Giveaway
The challenge will start on 10th January 2015 and will last 30 days (10th January - 8th February).
Choose from two approaches
You can keep the challenge strict by following my Clean Eating Challenge which I posted in January 2014. This challenge is dairy-free and sweetener-free. Here are two sample meal plans for this approach:
• 7-Day Grab & Go Keto/Paleo Diet Plan (most popular diet plan that is easy to follow)
• 7-Day Diet Keto/Paleo Diet Plan
Follow a "Regular" keto diet plan - dairy and small amount of low-carb sweeteners are allowed. To help you stay on track, here is a 2 Week Ketogenic Diet Plan :-)
Giveaway worth over $600 at the end of my 30-Day Keto Weight Loss Challenge!
To motivate you even further, I will be giving away an iPad Mini 3, Breville Fast-Slow Cooker and several bottles of Now Foods 100% MCT oil. No e-mail subscription is required!
The rules of my giveaway are simple:
- 1) Keep track of your before & after results (weight, measurements, photos, etc.) and any tips you'd like to share with others. You only need to have before & after results but you can track all changes throughout the challenge - it's up to you.
- 2) Send me your before & after results and any tips you may have at email@example.com by February 15th. Don't worry, I'll keep reminding you so you don't forget :-)
When the challenge is over, all the participants will have an equal chance to win - the winners will be chosen randomly, not based on weight loss. My aim is to promote a healthy and gradual weight loss rather than quick or extreme.
Throughout the challenge, I'll be sharing recipes and tips on my Facebook page, and with the KetoDiet support group so don't forget to join us. I wish you all good luck!
Do you like this post? Share it with your friends!