Happy Holidays everyone! This is a fool-proof method of making Brussels sprouts that taste delicious, just perfect for the festive season. I like them plain and served with crispy roast turkey but you can add Pancetta, grated parmesan cheese or toasted pine nuts, cashew nuts and flaked almonds. They also taste amazing with cream and wild mushrooms and are great when served with my cheese sauce.
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||8.3||grams|
|Magnesium||31||mg (8% RDA)|
|Potassium||522||mg (26% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (15.9%), protein (9.9%), fat (74.1%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
Suggestions for additional ingredients (use some or combine):
- 4-6 slices crisped up bacon or Pancetta
- 1 small diced & crisped up chorizo sausage
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ heavy whipping cream + ½ cup soaked dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup toasted cashew nuts
- ¼ cup toasted flaked almonds
- 4 servings keto cheese sauce
When looking for ingredients, try to get them in their most natural form (organic, without unnecessary additives).
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Wash and halve the Brussels sprouts or quarter if too big.
- Pour the melted ghee over the sprouts.
- Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well to allow the oil & seasoning everywhere and place in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes until crispy on the outside and tender inside. Mix once or twice to ensure even cooking. The exact cooking time depends on the size of the Brussels sprouts. If you cut them in quarters, it will take less time to cook.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!