These Keto Crispy Brussels Sprouts with Cotija are a delicious low-carb side dish. These crispy Brussels sprouts could be key to converting sprout haters!
I love the smokiness from the bacon, the heat from the jalapeño, and the creamy Mexican queso cotija with the crispy sprouts. Plus you get even more bacon flavor from cooking the sprouts in the rendered bacon grease.
Pretty delicious! I love serving this side with roasted salmon, a steak with chimichurri, or even grilled shrimp!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Crispy Brussels Sprouts With Cotija Cheese
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs6.2 grams
Calories from carbs 11%, protein 17%, fat 72%
Total carbs10.6 gramsFiber4.4 gramsSugars2.6 gramsSaturated fat4.7 gramsSodium418 mg(18% RDA)Magnesium34 mg(8% RDA)Potassium519 mg(26% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 4 slices smoked or unsmoked bacon (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee (30 ml)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or quartered (450 g)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced or 2 tbsp pickled sliced jalapeños (14 g/ 0.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija cheese or feta (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- sea salt, to taste
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet greased with half of the oil. Cook over a medium-high heat for a few minutes. Once cooked and crisped up, remove and crumble into pieces.
- Add the remaining avocado oil to the skillet with the bacon grease then add the sprouts (halved or quartered, depending on the size.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat per side until slightly charred and crisp.
- Toss the sprouts with the bacon, cotija cheese, and jalapeños. Season to taste. Store refrigerated for up to one week.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!