This breakfast meal is based on my friend's Bacon Hangover Cure recipe. It's easy and quick to prepare and very popular in my house, almost as much as my Brussels Sprout & Bacon Hash :-) It's also great when served on top of a slice of toasted Low-carb "Rye" Bread!
Nutritional values (per serving)
|of which Saturated||20.6||grams|
|Magnesium||38.4||mg (10% RDA)|
|Potassium||759||mg (38% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5.4%), protein (15.2%), fat (79.4%) // Net carbs without orange juice: 4.9 g per serving, carbs (3.8%), protein (15.4%), fat (80.8%)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 10-14 slices bacon, roughly sliced (210 g/ 7.4 oz)
- 4 cups white mushrooms, sliced (280 g/ 9.9 oz)
- fresh juice from ½ medium orange (optional, carbs reduced to 4.9 grams if not used)
- 1 tbsp fresh organic orange zest (~ ¼ orange)
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (60 ml / 2 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or virgin coconut oil
- pinch pink Himalayan salt
- Slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the bacon. I used organic bacon with high fat content.
- Juice and zest the orange and keep aside for later.
- Grease a medium skillet with ghee, butter or coconut oil and add roughly chopped bacon. Cook until slightly browned from all sides.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and stir in well.
- Add mustard, orange juice and cream (or coconut milk) and cook until the sauce thickens. Make sure you keep stirring to avoid sticking.
- Take off the heat, place on a serving plate and enjoy!
Unless you follow my 30-Day Clean Eating Challenge, you can serve it on top of toasted Low-carb "Rye" Bread!
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!