This breakfast meal is based on my friend's Bacon Hangover Cure recipe. It's easy and quick to prepare and very popular in my house, almost as much as my Brussels Sprout & Bacon Hash
It's also great when served on top of a slice of toasted Low-carb Rye Bread or any keto bread!
Allergy information for Low-Carb Bacon Hash with Wholegrain Mustard
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5.3 grams
Calories from carbs 4%, protein 15%, fat 81%
Total carbs7.3 gramsFiber2 gramsSugars3.9 gramsSaturated fat20.6 gramsSodium1,128 mg(49% RDA)Magnesium36 mg(9% RDA)Potassium723 mg(36% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 10-14 slices bacon, roughly sliced (210 g/ 7.4 oz)
- 4 cups sliced white mushrooms (280 g/ 9.9 oz)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (15 ml)
- 1 tbsp fresh organic orange zest
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard (18 g/ 0.6 oz)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or virgin coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the mushrooms and roughly chop the bacon.
- Grease a medium skillet with ghee, butter or coconut oil and add chopped bacon. Cook until slightly browned from all sides.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and stir in well.
- Add mustard, lemon juice, cream and cook until the sauce thickens. Make sure you keep stirring to avoid sticking.
- Take off the heat, place on a serving plate and enjoy warm.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|Bacon, streaky (high fat content), organic|
|0 g||14.4 g||26.4 g||295 kcal|
|Mushrooms (white), fresh|
|3.2 g||4.3 g||0.5 g||31 kcal|
|Orange peel (zest), fresh|
|0.4 g||0 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.7 g||1 g||14 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.8 g||0.6 g||11.4 g||110 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||7.5 g||68 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Lemon juice, fresh|
|0.4 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|5.3 g||20.1 g||46.7 g||522 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!