I know that people who don't eat meat find it more difficult to stick with a low-carb, keto diet. If you want to learn more, I have discussed vegetarian and vegan keto diets in this post.
This recipe is a great vegetarian option and even meat-eaters will like it. I used my Keto Buns recipe to make these burgers. I promise you they taste as delicious as they look!
The burger buns are using our popular keto bread recipe that includes psyllium which is zero carb and perfect for keto baking. If you can't find psyllium, try these buns instead.
More Burger Recipes
Serving size 1 burger
Allergy information for Vegetarian Keto Burgers
✔ Gluten free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 burger)
Net carbs9.1 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 15%, fat 79%
Total carbs19.2 gramsFiber10.1 gramsSugars4.4 gramsSaturated fat18.5 gramsSodium896 mg(39% RDA)Magnesium116 mg(29% RDA)Potassium870 mg(44% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
Marinated & grilled mushrooms:
- 2 medium large flat mushrooms such as Portobello (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee or virgin coconut oil (15 ml)
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano or 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- Make the Ultimate Keto Buns. Prepare the mushrooms for marinating. Season with salt and pepper, add crushed garlic and freshly chopped herbs and ghee, preferably melted. Keep some of the ghee for frying the eggs.
- Keep the mushrooms at room temperature and marinate for up to an hour. Although marinating is highly recommended, you can skip it if you don't have time.
- Place the mushrooms top side up on a hot griddle pan or a regular pan. Cook over a medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. Then, flip on the other side and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Take off the heat. Flip back on the top side and top each of the mushrooms with cheese slices. Just before serving, place under a broiler for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs on the remaining ghee. You can use pancake molds to create perfect shapes for the burgers. Cook the eggs until the egg white is opaque and the yolks still runny. Then, take off the heat.
- Cut the buns in half and place each halve, cut side down on a hot griddle pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Start assembling the burgers by adding a tablespoon of mayo on each of the keto bun halves. Top with the Portobello mushrooms.
- Add fried eggs a slices of tomato and lettuce. Serve any remaining lettuce aside. The burgers are best eaten fresh. The burger buns can be stored at room temperature for u to about 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 1 burger)
|Portobello mushrooms, fresh|
|1.9 g||1.6 g||0.3 g||17 kcal|
|0 g||0 g||15 g||136 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.5 g||0 g||0 g||5 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Salt, pink Himalayan rock salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Ultimate Keto Buns, homemade (KetoDiet app)|
|4.3 g||10.1 g||15.9 g||208 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||12.5 g||111 kcal|
|Egg, whole, fresh, raw (free-range or organic eggs)|
|0.4 g||6.3 g||4.8 g||72 kcal|
|0.6 g||4.6 g||6.7 g||81 kcal|
|0.5 g||0.2 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Lettuce, mixed leaf salad|
|0.2 g||0.2 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Total per serving, 1 burger|
|9.1 g||23.3 g||55.2 g||638 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!