These easy keto popsicles are perfect for summer! Refreshing and light, you can easily have two on a hot day. They are not just low in carbs but also low in calories and gut-healthy. It's a healthy frozen treat with no ice cream maker needed!
These keto popsicles are versatile. Here are some recipe swaps and modifications:
- Kefir: This recipe uses full-fat kefir which is a great gut-friendly low-carb option. If you are sensitive to cow dairy (A1), use goat's milk kefir (A2) instead. Finally, you can even use Coconut Milk Kefir for a dairy-free or vegan option.
- Sweeteners: Allulose syrup was used in this recipe to reduce the iciness of the popsicles. Instead of Allulose syrup, you can use powdered/granular Allulose (most products have a fine texture that's somewhere between the two), or powdered Erythritol or confectioner's Swerve. You can find the full list of recommended low-carb sweeteners here, or you can skip the sweeteners altogether.
- Vanilla extract: We are using alcohol-based vanilla extract to reduce the iciness of the popsicles. Alternatively, you can use about half of the amount of vanilla bean powder.
- Berries: We are using wild frozen blueberries which are lower carb than cultivated blueberries. You can easily tell them apart as wild blueberries are much smaller than cultivated ones. Using frozen berries will speed up the freezing. You can add a few berries directly to the mixture before freezing, or blend them all with the kefir. Feel free to use fresh or frozen raspberries, blackberries or a few sliced strawberries instead!
Need more protein? Add a scoop or two of plain bovine or marine collagen powder or vanilla Perfect Keto Collagen (use this affiliate link to get 15% off) which is already sweetened so you won't have to add any sweeteners.
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size popsicle
Allergy information for Sugar-Free Blueberry Kefir Popsicles
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, popsicle)
Net carbs4.1 grams
Calories from carbs 36%, protein 21%, fat 43%
Total carbs4.4 gramsFiber0.3 gramsSugars3.4 gramsSaturated fat0.5 gramsSodium32 mg(1% RDA)Magnesium1 mg(0% RDA)Potassium137 mg(7% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 popsicles)
- 1 cups frozen blueberries (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 2 cups full-fat kefir (480 ml/ 16 fl oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Allulose syrup (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!