Need a quick low-carb dinner for two in less than 20 minutes? This Curried Halloumi Skillet is a definite must-try!
This easy vegetarian keto meal uses our homemade Curry Simmer Sauce which is creamy, mild and kid-friendly but you could always add some heat by using cayenne pepper or fresh chillies. The sauce is really versatile and will work with plenty more options, including some vegetarian and pescatarian meals including:
We all have different dietary needs so it's only natural that you may need to adjust the macros in this recipe. You can make any adjustments directly in the KetoDiet App by cloning any of the recipes from my blog and customizing them to fit your macros and preferences.
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size 3 slices curried halloumi + 1 cup cauli-rice
Allergy information for Low-Carb Curried Halloumi Skillet
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, 3 slices curried halloumi + 1 cup cauli-rice)
Net carbs9.7 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 16%, fat 78%
Total carbs14.2 gramsFiber4.5 gramsSugars4.4 gramsSaturated fat37.1 gramsSodium2,041 mg(89% RDA)Magnesium91 mg(23% RDA)Potassium723 mg(36% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- Prepare the homemade Curry Simmer Sauce by following the instructions here. (If you haven't got any, this will take an extra just 15 minutes.) Store any leftover curry sauce in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To prepare the cauliflower rice, place the florets in a food processor and process using a grating blade or the "S" blade until it resembles rice consistency. Grease a skillet with a tablespoon of ghee (or olive oil) and add the cauliflower rice. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure even cooking. Take off the heat, season with salt and pepper and stir through.
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 6 slices. Heat a skillet greased with ghee or olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the halloumi slices and cook for a few minutes per each side, until golden brown. Be careful not to burn the halloumi.
- Once browned, add the curry sauce and cook for a minute or two to heat through.
- Serve the halloumi (3 per serving) with the prepared cauliflower rice and curry sauce. Serve while still hot. To store, let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Halloumi should always be reheated before serving.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, 3 slices curried halloumi + 1 cup cauli-rice)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!