These delicious little keto tarts are bound to be a hit at your next Easter party or any special occasion — I recently took them to a baby shower as they were gone as soon as the plate hit the table!
There’s something about the sweet onion paired with the creamy brie encased in crispy low-carb, grain-free tart shells that makes these incredibly moreish — just make sure you grab yourself one before they’re all gone!
Serving size tartlet
Allergy information for Low-Carb Brie and Caramelized Onion Tartlets
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving, tartlet)
Net carbs2 grams
Calories from carbs 5%, protein 27%, fat 68%
Total carbs4 gramsFiber2 gramsSugars1.4 gramsSaturated fat2.6 gramsSodium179 mg(8% RDA)Magnesium39 mg(10% RDA)Potassium154 mg(8% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 12 tartlets)
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp Sukrin Gold, Swerve or Erythritol (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- pinch of sea salt
- 12 small wedges brie cheese (85 g/ 3 oz)
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F (conventional), or 160 °C/ 320 °F (fan assisted).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions, and cook, stirring occasionally until the onions start to soften, around 12-15 minutes.
- Lower heat, add vinegar, sweetener and salt, and cook, continuing to stir occasionally, until dark and caramelised.
- While the onions are cooking, press the pie crust into 12 greased muffin tins. Tip: Instead of 12 mini tartlets you can make 1 large tart.
- Bake 10 minutes, and then remove and allow to cool slightly. Once cooled slightly, divide the onions evenly among the tart cases.
- Chop the brie into 12 even pieces, and top the onion. Scatter with the herbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the brie has softened and the tops are starting to brown.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. To serve, gently reheat in the oven or eat cold.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, tartlet)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!