Love Italian food like creamy Tuscan chicken? Then you'll enjoy this simple Tuscan Creamed Spinach! Frozen and thawed spinach is cooked with sun-dried tomatoes, cream, garlic, herbs and parmesan. All in less than 15 minutes and using just a few common ingredients.
This recipe is adapted from our Classic Creamed Spinach but I skipped the mascarpone and used more cream which I reduced to just about half for a creamier result.
For a complete keto dinner recipe you can serve this creamy spinach side with crisped up, skin-on chicken thighs or grilled chicken breasts, pork chops, or any fish or seafood. Enjoy!
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size about 115 g/ 4 oz
Allergy information for Keto Tuscan Creamed Spinach
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 115 g/ 4 oz)
Net carbs6.4 grams
Calories from carbs 8%, protein 13%, fat 79%
Total carbs11.5 gramsFiber5.1 gramsSugars2.6 gramsSaturated fat16 gramsSodium424 mg(18% RDA)Magnesium129 mg(32% RDA)Potassium731 mg(37% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (37 g/ 1.3 oz)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml/ 8 fl oz)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (30 g/ 1.1 oz) or use any other hard cheese of choice
- 600 g frozen spinach, thawed (1.3 lb)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- To a medium pan add the chopped, drained sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic. Cook until fragrant for 2 to 3 minutes. (If you're using oil-free sun-dried tomatoes, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.)
- Pour in the cream and add the dried herbs and grated parmesan (or use any other hard cheese such as Pecorino, goat's cheese or Swiss cheese.) Cook on medium until reduced to about half of the volume, for about 5-10 minutes.
- Once thawed, squeeze out any excess water from the spinach. (After you drain the spinach you should get about 285 g/ 10 oz net weight of spinach.)
- Add the spinach to the pan and toss to combine with the creamy cheese sauce. Heat through and then take off the heat.
- Serve immediately or let it cool down and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 115 g/ 4 oz)
|Sun-dried tomatoes (in oil, drained)|
|1.6 g||0.5 g||1.3 g||20 kcal|
|0.9 g||0.2 g||0 g||4 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|1.6 g||1.1 g||22.8 g||220 kcal|
|Italian seasoning (mixed herbs)|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|0.2 g||2.7 g||1.9 g||29 kcal|
|2 g||5.4 g||0.9 g||44 kcal|
|Salt, sea salt|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 115 g/ 4 oz|
|6.4 g||10 g||26.9 g||318 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!