Here is your saviour during busy days where you need something easy to prepare, from pantry and freezer ingredients… that cooks in one dish!
Tender pieces of chicken are cooked in a tasty, creamy sauce full of the delicious and classic flavour combination of spinach and artichoke.
I love that you can use any chicken pieces that you have in the freezer, and also that there are no difficult to obtain ingredients.
And the icing on the cake? It’s best served in a generous bowl so you can eat it curled up in the chair while you catch up on your shows or finish reading your book.
This casserole can be eaten on its own but feel free to add a veggie side to bulk it up. Extra spinach or spiralized zucchini noodles work best! This low-carb recipe makes four generous servings or up to six regular servings so portion it out to fit your macros. Enjoy!
Serving size about 280 g/10 oz
Allergy information for Keto Chicken Spinach & Artichoke Casserole
✔ Gluten free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
Nutritional values (per serving, about 280 g/10 oz)
Net carbs6.7 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 36%, fat 58%
Total carbs11.6 gramsFiber4.9 gramsSugars1.7 gramsSaturated fat9.5 gramsSodium624 mg(27% RDA)Magnesium109 mg(27% RDA)Potassium906 mg(45% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee (30 ml)
- 1 kg chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (2.2 lb)
- 1 package frozen spinach, defrosted and drained (250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 can artichoke hearts (400 g/ 14.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup paleo mayonnaise (110 g/ 3.9 oz) - you can make your own mayo
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt, cream cheese or sour cream (63 g/ 2.2 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (115 g/ 4 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (23 g/ 0.8 oz)
- Preheat your oven to 180 °C/ 355 °F (fan assisted), or 200 °C/ 400 °F (conventional).
- Grease a large baking dish with butter or ghee. Lay the chicken pieces out in a single layer in a shallow baking dish. (If you're using frozen chicken, make sure it's completely defrosted and all excess moisture is removed.)
- Using a mini food processor, or a knife, finely chop the artichoke and garlic.
- Place in a small mixing bowl with the spices, mayonnaise and yoghurt and mix to combine.
- Squeeze all of the moisture out of the spinach and mix through. Add 2/3 of the grated cheeses and stir through.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and top with the remaining grated cheeses.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Store in a covered dish in the fridge for up to 3 days or portion out and freeze.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, about 280 g/10 oz)
|Butter, unsalted, grass-fed|
|0 g||0 g||3.8 g||34 kcal|
|Chicken thighs (skinless, boneless, raw)|
|0 g||32.8 g||6.9 g||202 kcal|
|0.6 g||1.2 g||0.2 g||10 kcal|
|Artichoke, canned (globe or French)|
|3.8 g||1.9 g||0.2 g||34 kcal|
|0.1 g||0.2 g||15.2 g||136 kcal|
|Yogurt, plain (full-fat, Greek style, 5% fat)|
|0.4 g||0.9 g||0.5 g||10 kcal|
|0.2 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Onion powder, spices|
|0.5 g||0.1 g||0 g||3 kcal|
|Mozzarella cheese (low moisture, for pizza)|
|1.1 g||4.5 g||3.7 g||56 kcal|
|0.1 g||1.3 g||1 g||15 kcal|
|Total per serving, about 280 g/10 oz|
|6.7 g||43 g||31.5 g||499 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!