This Oreo Shake is more than just a keto treat — it's a complete meal. It's packed with healthy fats, protein, magnesium and potassium to help you stay nourished and satisfied for longer.
If you're busy (who isn't these days?!), easy keto smoothies and shakes like this one can be prepared in just a few minutes.
Originally, I was tempted to use my Low-Carb Oreo Cookies but I didn't want to complicate it so I kept this healthy shake simple with just a few ingredients — it tastes just as good as the real deal.
As any keto shake, it's versatile so you can customise it to suit your preferences. Here are some of the many substitutions and add-ons to make your perfect keto shake:
- Extra fats and/or gut-healing protein: Add some MCT oil powder or Keto Collagen — These single packs are perfect for keto smoothies.
- Almond butter: Use any nut or seed butter, or coconut butter. Black sesame paste (tahini) is a great alternative if you don't have black cocoa powder. I used my favourite Keto Butter made with macadamia nuts, cashews, coconut butter and MCT oil.
- Sweeteners: You can use any low-carb sweeteners from this list, or skip the sweeteners altogether. You may find it too sweet or not sweet enough — feel free to adjust the amount.
- Black cocoa powder: You can use Dutch process cocoa powder or raw cacao powder.
- For dairy-free: Use coconut milk for the shake and coconut cream for the topping instead of heavy whipping cream.
- Raw eggs: Use 1/2 cup whey protein, egg white protein powder, collagen powder or plant-based protein powder (sweetener-free or with low-carb sweeteners).
1,500+ delicious keto recipes
Trialed & tested for best results
Optimized for nutrition
Never feel hungry
Planner & tracker
Track all macros including net carbs
Create your own meals
Track ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Stay hydrated with water tracking
Track your mood & energy levels
Calculate your ideal fat, protein & carb intake
Set any goal: weight loss, maintenance or weight gain
Your macros update based on your progress
Monitor your macros, water intake, mood & energy
Body weight, body fat and body measurements
Ketones, blood glucose & lipids
Expert articles to help you make informed choices
Guides & free diet plans
New daily content
And so much more...!
Complete Keto Diet guide
Integrated shopping basket
Restaurants & guide to eating out
Are Raw Eggs Safe?
If a recipe calls for raw eggs and you are concerned about the potential risk of Salmonella, you can make it safe by using pasteurized eggs. To pasteurize eggs at home, simply pour enough water in a saucepan to cover the eggs.
Heat to about 60 °C/ 140 °F. Using a spoon, slowly place the eggs into the saucepan. Keep the eggs in the water for about 3 minutes. This should be enough to pasteurize the eggs and kill any potential bacteria. Let the eggs cool down and store in the fridge for 6-8 weeks.
Note: See intro for a full list of add-ons and substitutions. Recipe makes 2 large 14-oz (400 ml) servings, or 4 small 7-oz (200 ml) servings.
Serving size 1 shake
Allergy information for Easy Keto Oreo Shake
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 shake)
Net carbs7.9 grams
Calories from carbs 6%, protein 16%, fat 78%
Total carbs14.7 gramsFiber6.8 gramsSugars3.7 gramsSaturated fat16 gramsSodium249 mg(11% RDA)Magnesium166 mg(41% RDA)Potassium821 mg(41% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 2 large shakes)
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!