I’m not going to lie, this low-carb dish didn’t turn out as pretty as I imagined. For some reason, I expected that beautiful bright purple of the radicchio to remain once cooked… but no.
However, it tastes exactly as I imagined. By grilling the radicchio, the bitterness of the flavour is tempered and a deep mellow taste develops. Enhance that with a touch of balsamic and you have almost reached perfection.
Perfection is teaming those flavours with a creamy, salty parmesan dressing. Oh yeah. This is a perfect keto side dish for when you are tired of the same old, same old.
This healthy low-carb recipe serves eight but could be easily halved to serve four, with some dressing left over. Enjoy!
Allergy information for Grilled Radicchio with Parmesan Dressing
✔ Gluten free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
Nutritional values (per serving)
Net carbs5.4 grams
Calories from carbs 12%, protein 11%, fat 77%
Total carbs6.4 gramsFiber0.9 gramsSugars2 gramsSaturated fat7.8 gramsSodium177 mg(8% RDA)Magnesium18 mg(5% RDA)Potassium351 mg(18% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 8 servings)
- 1/2 cup full-fat cream cheese (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (120 g/ 4.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese or other Italian hard cheese (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos
- black pepper, to taste
- Carefully cut the radicchio into wedges and brush with oil.
- Place cut side down in a hot pan and grill until softened with charred edges, turning carefully to char both sides. At the very end, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and leave to rest.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth and well combined.
- To serve, drizzle over radicchio and season with black pepper. Perfect teamed with steak, grilled chicken or roasted salmon.
- Store radicchio in the refrigerator, covered for 3 days. Store dressing in a lidded jar, in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving)
|3.6 g||1.4 g||0.3 g||23 kcal|
|Olive oil, extra virgin|
|0 g||0 g||3.4 g||30 kcal|
|Balsamic vinegar, dark (excludes sweet, syrupy vinegar)|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||2 kcal|
|Cream cheese, soft (full-fat)|
|0.5 g||1.1 g||4.2 g||37 kcal|
|Cream, heavy whipping, pouring, full-fat (30-40% fat)|
|0.4 g||0.3 g||5.7 g||55 kcal|
|0.2 g||2 g||1.5 g||22 kcal|
|0.1 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Lemon juice, raw|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|0.3 g||0 g||0 g||1 kcal|
|Pepper, black, spices|
|0 g||0 g||0 g||0 kcal|
|Total per serving|
|5.4 g||4.8 g||15 g||170 kcal|
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!