I love how light this dessert is! It's not just low in carbs but also low in calories and high in protein. All without sacrificing flavor!
I used Fage 5% Greek yogurt which is very thick compared to other types and brands. In fact, it will work even with their 0% fat yogurt because it's just as thick and delicious!
This recipe is super simple. You just need yogurt, walnuts, sweetener, chocolate chips and collagen powder. The one I like most and use all the time is Perfect Keto. They have a variety of collagen powders with delicious flavors. If you want to give it a go, make sure to use my affiliate link to get 15% off!
This is how I make my Greek Yogurt slice but it's not the only way:
- Instead of walnuts you can use pecans, almonds or pistachios. Use toasted coco nut for nut-free.
- Instead of greek yogurt you can use coconut yogurt for dairy-free.
- Instead of collagen powder you can use or any other protein powder such as whey or egg white protein powder.
- Instead of 85% dark chocolate chips you can use 90% dark chocolate chips or sugar-free chocolate chips such as Lily's.
- Finally, you can use some berries! Simply add a few raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or some sliced strawberries.
Finally, here's a tip for slicing this frozen yogurt dessert. The larger the container, the better for slicing because the layer will be more spread out and thinner.
Here I used a small container and the yogurt was too thick to cut through which means that the slice may break and crumble. What you want is a thinner layer of yogurt as that will be easier to cut or break off.
Follow us 148.4k
Serving size slice
Allergy information for Greek Yogurt Protein Slice
✔ Gluten free
✔ Dairy free
✔ Egg free
✔ Nut free
✔ Nightshade free
✔ Pork free
✔ Avocado free
✔ Coconut free
✔ Fish free
✔ Shellfish free
✔ Beef free
- Recipe can be made dairy-free or coconut-free.
Nutritional values (per serving, slice)
Net carbs5.4 grams
Calories from carbs 11%, protein 26%, fat 63%
Total carbs6.7 gramsFiber1.3 gramsSugars4.2 gramsSaturated fat6 gramsSodium55 mg(2% RDA)Magnesium37 mg(9% RDA)Potassium321 mg(16% EMR)
Ingredients (makes 6 slices)
- Mix the yogurt with the collagen powder and stir to combine. If using unsweetened collagen powder, add 2 tablespoon of Allulose syrup to the yogurt and stir. (See recipe tips for swaps.)
- Add the mixture to a freezer-friendly container, ideally lined with parchment paper for easy removal. Alternatively you can spread it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The thinner you spread it the easier it will be to slice or break off.
- Add walnuts (or pecans), chocolate chips and drizzle with Allulose syrup (maple or honey flavored work best).
- Place in the freezer until fully set for 2 to 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 6 slices.
- Serve immediately or freeze for up to 3 months.
Ingredient nutritional breakdown (per serving, slice)
Follow us 148.4k
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends!
Let us know what you think, rate this recipe!